Dua Lipa - The Future Nostalgia Era (STUDIO 2054 EVENT OF THE YEAR) | Page 748 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - The Future Nostalgia Era (STUDIO 2054 EVENT OF THE YEAR)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. I hated that I had to order through Warner. My one and only experience stunk with them.

totalhate and inevitable like this.
  2. Okay Prisoner is such a mood help.
    Dua's verses = i hear god

RMK, Digital_Fossil, Laurence and 5 others like this.
  3. Yeah, me too. I was hoping it would get a wider release, maybe later but I didn't want to risk it.

suitechicguy likes this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Dua's bits are the clear highlight, that's just her talent.

5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It's giving Amidala.

6. Levitating on Norton was not her best perf of the year - she sounded great, but it was a bit static for the song which really demands a bit of movement and energy. Nice dress though!

7. I think it actually showed a great other side to her?
    Old glamour Shirley Bassey style was a great outside the box detour.

8. She should've saved it for the inevitable Boys Will Be Boys performance during the Grammys.

Laurence, Island, OlliMaus and 2 others like this.
  9. The performance was good, but it kind of bored me after the second chorus...

10. RJF

RJF

The way she was just... waving through the middle-eight sksksk.

junkos, FridayNight, handhugs and 9 others like this.
  11. I think some really basic choreography would have brought the song alive, it just needed to be not that.

junkos, FridayNight, MmmDani and 5 others like this.
  12. Physical played during a scene in Freaky and it was awesome.

13. I... don't like that performance nn. I thought the choreography is what brought the relatively simple video to life and it would've done wonders for the performance. Levitating isn't really a song you just sing & sway a to.

Joe., tea and inevitable like this.
  14. The extreme homosexual energy of Nigella and Dua being on the same show... but the other guests being Hugh Grant and Romesh Ranganathan

[​IMG]

The gays can never have it all.

LPT, Ashling92, FridayNight and 23 others like this.
  15. The only Boys Will Be Boys performance I am willing to accept is of the remix.
    [​IMG]

LPT, jawow_, michaelhird and 7 others like this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The Mark Ronson Physical version is like....God's work?? My ears feel blessed Madonna every single time, and Gwen is the cherry on top.

17. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

No one’s gifed the fly away armography yet?

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  18. RJF

RJF

I think the performance needed a little bit of kinetic energy. Like, the outfit was fierce, but "Levitating" is camp. Stick Dua in the dress from the video that lets her move a little and just let her vamp with the mic stand a bit while the dancers do choreo. The way things were setup felt below her abilities these days. She's not Mabel.

19. RJF

RJF

[​IMG]

20. I did find the performance a bit static, but I just assumed that it was because she was rigged up to a harness that would eventually lift her up so that she'd be literally levitating, like how the Valentino gown was shown in the lookbook.

[​IMG]

Basically, I was expecting something like this:

AlmostFamous, Robert, Lapras and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.