Dua Lipa - The Future Nostalgia Era | Page 824 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - The Future Nostalgia Era

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. If you consider that the average ticket price must have been £7.50... (most people I know paid £10 rather than the £5 presale option) this must have netted minimum £37million before costs surely? And then with the sponsors (Amex, Puma, YSL, sure I’ve forgotten some), which you can pretty much guarantee covered some costs of production, and merch/vinyl/CD/pre-show/post-show add ons, she must have made a pretty please penny from this!

OlliMaus, aniraz, JasonJay and 9 others like this.
  2. Holy fucking shit! That's insane.

B.A.D., HorseTears and DMDR like this.
  3. 5 million tickets sounds unbelievable?

B.A.D., Mikal and hollaa01 like this.
  4. The first pic making it look like she has two asses... ugh iconic.

FridayNight, aniraz, B.A.D. and 11 others like this.
  5. RJF

RJF

Obviously rehearsals and everything else happened, but basically making £40M in a single night off one performance (or was it two and she performed live for the US?) is insane. Lady Gaga found building a papier-mâché Chromatica stage.

BTG, FridayNight, Rod and 42 others like this.
  6. Damn. That's like $60M easily if she sold that many. I wonder if this will sway more artists to put budget into this kind of production as touring is still off the table for at least 6-9 months.

HorseTears likes this.
  7. I'm absolutely gagged at that figure. Like.. what?

Laurence and HorseTears like this.
  8. 5 milly????

Damn

9. I would say even higher - I'm sure most people bought tickets last-minute as there was a huge promo blitz right before the event, with tickets up to 13 quid. I would guess around 10 pounds is the average price, especially considering the VIP packages.

10. I seriously doubt they sold 5 million tickets, all she mentions is views. If that was the case then that is insanity that outpaces even her own album sales and the number of ticket sales for loads of concerts as well.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Cowboystyle and hollaa01 like this.
  11. Well, she said 5 million viewers. I agree, that number seems insane, but will be interesting to see if that holds up. Do we know ticket sales / viewers for other streaming concerts from this year?

12. I mean that number seems...unbelievable? Why would an artist ever need to tour again if they could get a cool £50m from doing a single night’s livestream.

Lately likes this.
  13. RMK

RMK

I don't really think the special guests would've caused much of a spike, so that goes to show the general interest in a Dua Lipa live show. Her performance of New Rules, my personal favorite moment of the stream, really captured how much she's grown as a performer. It wasn't long ago performances for that one were feeling a bit forced or challenging for her, and now she's radiating confidence. Even if sometimes you can see her counting the steps in her head, the energy is insane and she's become an amazing performer in such little time.

superloves likes this.
  14. RJF

RJF

I mean, clubs, restaurants, concerts, and everything else will come back, and the prospect of sitting in your house and paying to watch a patchy stream will go back to seeming bleak rather than the lifeline it is right now.

15. Well then the other big pop girls have a few more months left to cobble something together so they don’t have to bother touring for the foreseeable future.

16. I would be amazed if this was 5 million tickets/passes sold. It doesn’t seem feasible and that’s not a dig, there just isn’t much to compare it to but even then...

inevitable likes this.
  17. Just think that was only Friday night, with the added hype of reviews, leaked clips and pictures on social media more will have purchased the added VOD version the day after and through this week.

Dua stays winning.

tenor (27).gif

vendredi likes this.
  18. I mean it is still quarantine restrictions in most of the world so at most it would be like, 5 people a ticket on average? She easily could have sold 1 million.

inevitable likes this.
  19. I mean if my Instagram Stories were anything to go by every gay and his dog were watching

LPT, Thu Ra Aung Kyaw, Alenko and 8 others like this.
  20. RJF

RJF

I also think price point and ease of access should be factored in when thinking about that figure. I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch to say that a couple million people across the whole world coughed up the relative pocket change for a bit of novel entertainment nine months into a pandemic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.