Dua Lipa - The Future Nostalgia Era | Page 826 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - The Future Nostalgia Era

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. From here on out the pop girlies need to have live stream specials to promote the goods, I don't want them to go away after the pandemic dies down.

studeane12, FridayNight, LPT and 12 others like this.
  2. Dua Lipa: Pioneer.

3. This explains the 5 million estimate:

4. Vasilios and QueenB like this.
  5. Her manager casually throwing out it could be almost 8 MILLION
    Where is the person a few weeks ago who said she wasn't global?
    [​IMG]

BTG, scottdisick94, LPT and 38 others like this.
  6. 263k estimated tickets sold is amazing.

7. No.

8. Reading the sentence again, it looks like it means she sold 1.9 million tickets from China plus 98k from India plus 200k tickets from ticketing platforms. Then multiplied the number by two to account for more than one person watching the stream (times 3 or times 4 if you’re being less conservative). Dua must be massive in China and her team must’ve promoted the event well there somehow. I wonder what her Chinese name is dddd

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  9. Yeah it looks as though it was closer to 2.5 million tickets sold... which is still absolutely crazy.

Island, OlliMaus, Lately and 4 others like this.
  10. RJF

RJF

Worldwide queen.

11. I think this is a great proof of concept for artists in every genre to connect with fans in territories that might usually get ignored. Fans want content, and want some sort of live experience to connect with their faves, but if they're in a tiny town in wherever-the-fuck, or don't have the money to go to a show, it's difficult for them to feel part of An Event in the same way. They're often left watching from the sidelines.

This sort of creative livestream concept is a much more inclusive, effective and more profitable route rather than forcing them watching grainy phone vids of arena shows in a different country they can't get to. Done right like this one, it genuinely feels like it could be a new format.

There'll be a lot of big artists on calls with their teams over the next few weeks poring over these Dua numbers.

LPT, poshbabyyy, aniraz and 20 others like this.
  12. RJF

RJF

Who will be the first schedule clash I wonder nn.

13. The way the performance of Fever made me going from being meh about it to obsessed. Her power.

14. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Doesn’t “ticketing platforms” mean sites like Ticketmaster etc.? I believe you could purchase tickets through them as well as on the main Live Now site.

elektroxx and LPMA like this.
  15. Dula Peep?

VertigoStick, Mr. Mr. and An Insider like this.
  16. I’m not sure if this is opening a can of worms, but it’s honestly great to see the younger generation of China has more access to worldwide media now. Dua’s a great role model of freedom and inclusiveness, and I hope that message comes across.

17. I’m actually checking because pop girl nicknames have kii translations there like Mariah being “Cow Sister”, Ariana “Little Cow”, Gaga “Coming Soon”, JLo “Lord of the Butt”. Britney’s is cute though “Little Sweetie” or “Sweet Girl”.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    jk-ennedy, LPT, JMRGBY and 13 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.