Dua Lipa - The Future Nostalgia Era | Page 827 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - The Future Nostalgia Era

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. We're not even in December

tea, Thu Ra Aung Kyaw, Kyle. and 2 others like this.
  2. RMK

RMK

She is the moment.

3. Why won't she let us breathe? The success and talent is crushing my larynx.

4. Sis, we knew they were two of the songs of the year back in January and March respectively.

5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I just recall how I didn't want to proclaim Don't Start Now the song of 2019 last year 'because it's so recent'. Now I consider calling it the song of both 2019 and 2020.

hologram, jvckkk, Laurence and 12 others like this.
  6. "If 2020 had gone to plan, Hallucinate would have been the cathartic high point of Dua Lipa's Glastonbury set."

[​IMG]

7. Justice for Levitating!

Grins, maikos87, QueenB and 1 other person like this.
  8. It's cute guardian threw Hallucinate a bone

9. So Hallucinate was the only song she was scheduled to perform?

10. Cow sister.

[​IMG]

Stopremix, LPT, Island and 13 others like this.
  11. The other day I had a realization that she already worked with both Kylie and Madonna, on her second era. Not everyone has that, it’s hard to get.

12. I’m manifesting that, as back in March she said it was her favourite on the album and most likely 4th single, that Love Again was planned to be launched around Glastonbury time, but as they couldn’t launch it around a big performance and songs like Hallucinate & Levitating had much bigger fan reactions, they decided to leave it for later in the campaign where she could do a big performance with it (ie the Grammy’s) which might also be the reason it was left off of Studio 2054? I can’t see any other reason why it would be left off when it’s her favourite on the album?

Love Again as a January/February single with the Grammy’s and a new re-release single in May with the postponed BRITs would be ideal!

13. Jessie J found obsolete.

14. Dua went from opening for Troye Sivan to being the number one in pop music (including collabs with Madonna, Missy and Kylie) in less than four years. Let that sink in!

15. At least it was - one of the many - in Club 2054. Hallucinate got old kinda quickly to me after the album came out but it's been on repeat since the live show. Getting the live album on streaming platforms would be perfect.

16. She is everything I needed to survive 2020. All her, just her.
    Fantastic to witness this.

17. I absolutely am every night.

Island, lushLuck, Conor and 2 others like this.
  18. Nice. Is there a chart published that shows the other top streaming artists and albums of the year?

19. I have seen some articles and a few lists like on here https://junkee.com/spotify-wrapped-2020/280651
    But I think it will show up on the app soon.

HorseTears likes this.
  20. I'm still sad she had to open for Troye Sivan.

Lately likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.