Dubstar - Two | The Popjustice Forum

Dubstar - Two

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by AlmostMidnight, Sep 10, 2020.

1. They’re back! This just popped up on my Facebook feed unexpectedly.

Great to hear them return to a synth-heavy sound.

2. Yes, it's cracking.

AlmostMidnight likes this.
  3. This is what I wanted the last album to sound like.

4. Really great song and an album on the way too. Stephen Hague produced.

5. Great stuff! An unexpected but very welcome return.

6. They just need to bring back the old logo now.

And press the early albums on vinyl (I don’t think Goodbye ever had one?)

7. Yeah love this - couldn’t quite get into the last album

8. This is my official Lockdown anthem.

9. Definitely! 'Disgraceful' on light blue vinyl (with original vagina cover) is a must!

AlmostMidnight and Patriku like this.
  10. Heard this a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love with it. Apparently, they have a fair bit of material recorded for a new album.

11. Loved the last album. It was their third album (pre-hiatus) that I struggled with.

12. Make It Better is so underrated. I think it's probably stronger than Goodbye, though of course not in the league of Disgraceful, which is an album that never tires itself out.

13. I was playing Disgraceful to celebrate it's 25th anniversary. One of my friends was around at the time and he said, "God, this whole album is a greatest hits isn't it?"

RHOPJ likes this.
  14. It's really quite perfect. Everything was right about that album. It still is.

BrandNewRetro and magictreehouse like this.
  15. I really wanted to like "Make it better". Maybe I should it give it another chance. Goodbye is an odd one since I am pretty sure I have the US version of this album - which has songs from Disgraceful lumped in. As a result, I find making comparisons between Goodbye and Disgraceful quite difficult.

RHOPJ likes this.
  16. I hate to be that muso but the b-sides from Make It Better really sound like they belong with Disgraceful and Goodbye, which is a good good good thing.

pranavc likes this.
  17. I was literally just thinking about digging into Dubstar's b-sides so if you have any recommendations, please feel free to share!

RHOPJ likes this.
  18. I Lost A Friend
    Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton
    Redirected Mail

My favourites.

19. Thanks a ton - will definitely check these out this evening!

RHOPJ likes this.
  20. I also like This is my Home

RHOPJ likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.