Dum Dum Girls - Too True (Album) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Dum Dum Girls - Too True (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mister Unicorn, Nov 28, 2013.

1. You can listen to the entire album on NPR. Wonderful.

2. I tend to avoid leaks and such these days so I've heard nor seen a thing from the new album but I have of course pre-ordered it. Excited! Fans may appreciate the new albums by September Girls (Cursing At The Sea) and Warpaint (Warpaint), both out this month. Garage rock/alternative/female vocals... also maybe PINS, a new female band from Manchester, whose debut landed late last year.

3. Dat promo.
    Seriously though, the album is actually insanely catchy so I see no reason why pop fans shouldn't like it.
    Please buy.

4. I'm really enjoying this.

The title track hits all the right spots.

5. I sort of wrote the album off after the first listen, thinking it was okay, but nothing that exciting.

Siiiiince then, I've found myself returning to song... by song... by song... & now I'm playing the album in full non-stop!

My favorites have to be Too True To Be Good, Are You Okay, In The Wake of You, and Under These Hands.

6. Ready to get balls deep into this.

Also, I love the cover and I'm not sure why.

7. Pre-order arrived... love it! Very glossy 80s sheen to it and loads of layered sounds. Totally in love with it.

8. Okay, REALLY loving this now.

9. They performed on the Late Show With David Letterman last Thursday:

[video=youtube_share;s5yFaT7ZWZ0]http://youtu.be/s5yFaT7ZWZ0[/video]

10. Is it just me or was that not very good at all...? Still loving the album, though!

11. Just came across these guys on iTunes and instantly fell in love.

12. So I've just got around to this album and it's one of my faves of the year so far, probably only second to The Jezabels' album. Good stuff.

13. New La Sera produced by Ryan Adams - very different sound for them. A bit like the Jenny & Johnny album. On first listen I really like it.
    https://soundcloud.com/polyvinyl-records/la-sera-high-notes-1/s-ERxvh

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.