DURAN DURAN UK Singles Rate 1981 - 2022 WINNER REVEALED | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

DURAN DURAN UK Singles Rate 1981 - 2022 WINNER REVEALED

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by simes1970, Mar 3, 2022.

1. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. An OMD rate? Now you're talking! (loud and clear)!

3. Just T-t-t-t-t-tell me when it starts. You can send messages. Don't keep it secret...

I'll see myself out!

4. Definite yes from me for OMD.

5. Rate of Orleans?

6. Joan of Marks.

7. Rating loud and clear
    We Rate you

and if you're travelling:
    Rating on the seven sails

8. [​IMG]
    Violence Of Summer
    Entered Chart 04-08-90 23-20-32-54 Weeks On Chart 4 Highest Position 20

Duran return with the first single from Liberty which within itself is not a bad album, by now the chart positions were on the wain and this although OK wouldn't halt that slide.

9. [​IMG]
    Serious
    Entered Chart 17-11-90 51-48-72 Weeks On Chart 3 Highest Position 48

The first single from the band that failed to at least go Top 40 and it is a travesty as Serious is one of the bands best singles in my opinion. Would it have been better for this to be the lead single? For me yes. Far superior to Violence Of Summer.

10. [​IMG]
    Ordinary World
    Entered Chart 30-01-93 11-6-6-9-12-20-33-43-63 Weeks On Chart 9 Highest Position 6
    What a way to announce a new album with a superb slice of balladry. Ordinary World is up there among the best.

11. [​IMG]
    Come Undone
    Entered Chart 10-04-93 17-13-17-15-26-35-51-72 Weeks On Chart 8
    For the first time Duran put out out two ballads as their first singles from an album, you can understand why after the success of the aforementioned Ordinary World, Come Undone is actually just as strong .

12. [​IMG]
    Too Much Information
    Entered Chart 04-09-93 43-35-49 Weeks On Chart 3 Highest Position 35
    Another strong release that deserved more than it's No35 peak here in the UK.

13. Only 8 more UK charting singles to go which I shall get up for you this coming week.

14. I can now also confirm the rate is open until Sunday 8th May so 5 weeks to go. Plenty of time for you to go back through the singles if you wish. I have done so whilst being laid low and changed a few scores around on my own set of votes.

15. [​IMG]
    Perfect Day
    Entered Chart 25-03-95 28-28-46-67 Weeks On Chart 4 Highest Position 28
    Taken from the bands covers album Thank You. I think this is a pretty good cover version, nothing spectacular but good in it's own way.

16. [​IMG]
    White Lines (Don't Do It)
    Entered Chart 17-06-95 25-27-17-26-48 Weeks On Chart 5 Highest Position 17
    The less said about this cover the better for me. It's one Duran Single I really do not like; This seems to have 2 chart entries, the one above with the CD number and then on 8-7-95 listed for one week at 85 with the 12" number.

17. [​IMG]
    Out Of My Mind
    Entered Chart 24-05-97 21-47 Weeks On Chart 2 Highest Position 21
    This one I had completely forgotten about before the rate. Not too shabby a song either.

18. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Electric Barbarella
    Entered Chart 30-01-99 23-44-67 Weeks On Chart 3 Highest Position 23
    This is neither top notch or bad it's just there, middle of the road DD for me.

19. It's still kind of odd how DD lost their way so badly after The Wedding Album's triumphant return.

20. The late 90s wasn't kind to many 80s act but Duran did go downhill fast for me post 1993. I guess John had wanted leave after Liberty and was pretty much on another planet, I don't think Simon was contributing much, so Duran really felt like it was a Nick and Warren side project, with Warren dominating. I did hear Simon say recently how he got annoyed with Warren at the end as he would come to the studio and Warren had done everything already so Simon kinda felt shut out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.