DURAN DURAN UK Singles Rate 1981 - 2022 WINNER REVEALED | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

DURAN DURAN UK Singles Rate 1981 - 2022 WINNER REVEALED

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by simes1970, Mar 3, 2022.

1. I was gonna say white lines, then thought...no, don't do it.

unnameable, Remorque and Hairycub1969 like this.
  2. @simes1970, do not let me not vote in this! I'm loving the walk down memory lane their discography has given me, even though I was way too young when they were at their peak.

What a band!

3. Don't be lonely in your nightmare - get those votes in ASAP

4. Was 'Girl panic' not a UK single?

Remorque and Untouchable Ace like this.
  5. Only as a Promo CD so it didn't count.

6. Sent in my scores! This will be hugely unpredictable and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

The only song to give the 80s ones a run for their money is Ordinary World, but I'd love to see that one at least go top 5.

7. Rate is now closed. I hope to start the reveal by Monday and as with my usual reveals it won't take too long

8. Exciting! Although they have an amazing singles discography, I don't think there is an obvious clear favourite to win as its such a massive single that everybody knows and loves. It's not like A-ha with Take On Me or Spandau with True or Gold.

Still can't believe Cub gave a song a zero. I know Electric Barbarella isn't great but still a bit harsh!

9. I feel The Reflex is likely their most universally liked song, so potentially that might win? Hard to imagine anyone scoring that low.

10. I think my lowest was a 3, a couple of 5s too.

11. I gave The Reflex 10, although I almost didn't, so I hope another song wins. I think the 11's and 12's will be extra important.

12. I'm predicting big things (........) for the dark horse that is Ordinary World.

13. I mean Ordinary world is a classic but I feel a song from the original line up needs to win.

14. I decided to tank the Reflex....by only giving it a 9.5, as it's a dancefloor filler but I'm a little sick of it. I couldn't bring myself to vote any lower, because it's still a damn good song that holds up better than most of its contemporaries.

15. I awarded 15 10s, plus the 11 and 12 we are allowed.

16. Please Please don't tell me now - your scores for any particular song as it spoils the fun of the reveal!

"Thank you" (1995)

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    Remorque and Eric Generic like this.
  17. You Don't Want My Scores?

Remorque and Hairycub1969 like this.
  18. I'm hungry like the wolf for this to start.

19. I'll be lighting my torch for the New Rate on Monday to begin!

20. Reading back my marks I have been very unfair to two tracks, I think I was trying to differentiate them but just have been mean! One of the Duran forums has been doing ‘Heal or Hurt’ rankings for about a year on everything. The results are bizarre as people seem to be deliberately anti-voting against the popular. I would like to think we are more balanced but I’ll tell you there will be hell to pay if “Meet El Presidente” doesn’t win....

hehe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.