DURAN DURAN UK Singles Rate 1981 - 2022 WINNER REVEALED | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

DURAN DURAN UK Singles Rate 1981 - 2022 WINNER REVEALED

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by simes1970, Mar 3, 2022.

1. While we're waiting for the rate - here are my favourite non-singles:
    Duran Duran - Lonely in your nightmare:

The Power Station - Go to zero:

2. A 10

Remorque and Untouchable Ace like this.
  3. Some of my fave album tracks are;
    Friends of mine
    Anyone out there
    Last chance on the stairway
    Shadows on your side
    Secret Oktober
    Vertigo
    Winter marches on
    Palomino
    My Antarctica
    Finest hour
    Being followed
    Too bad your so beautiful

4. Results will start in around 3 days as I have unfortunately spent the last 40 hours in the hospital with a couple of issues which thankfully are sorted for now.

5. We'll save a prayer for you and wish you a speedy recovery. Make sure you get well before rushing back.

6. @simes1970 take your time to recover. We can wait for the rate. It'll be worth the wait.
    Bearhugs!

7. Before we get to the main event of Duran Duran I will now give you both the Arcadia and Power Station results Starting with Power Station

8. So in fourth place

She Can Rock It
    Score 52.40 Average 4.36
    Highest Score 7 (Eric Generic) Lowest Score 1 (JonBCN)
    Other Scores 6.5 (MylesAngel) 5.5 (Remorque) 5 (Blaahh, Auntie Beryl)
    4.7 (Epic Chocolat, Untouchable Ace) 4 (Hairycub1969, Letuinmybackdoor) 3 (Simes1970)
    2 (Ragged Tiger)

Comments Include
    "Would have been a b side in 1985." (Blaahh)
    " (I gave them one point for competently playing their instruments, but this is one of the worst things ever committed to tape)" (JonBCN)
    "Was never a massive Power Station fan so paid no attention to this when released in 1996. Its what you would expect really" (RaggedTiger)

9. She Can Rock It has Robert Palmer on vocals, so all is not lost.

10. Third Place. I have to say Power Station did very little for me back in the 80s. I can appreciate them more now.

Communication
    Highest Score 8 (Eric Generic) Lowest Score 4 (Letuinmybackdoor, Simes1970)
    Other Scores 7.7 (Untouchable Ace) 7.5 (Remorque) 7 (MylesAngel, Blaahh)
    6 (Epic Chocolat, Hairycub 1969, Auntie Beryl, JonBCN) 5 (RaggedTiger)

Comments Include
    "Take it or leave it" (RaggedTiger)
    "Power Station do pop." (Blaahh)

11. Communication sounds more like a Palmer solo effort from around that time. Can't hear much of the Duran influence.

12. Second Place. I don't mind this cover version, it's a pretty good mix.

Get It On
    Highest Score 10 (Hairycub 1969) Lowest Score 1 (Letuinmybackdoor)
    Other Scores 9.1 (Untouchable Ace) 9 (Blaahh) 8 (Eric Generic) 7.5 (MylesAngel, Auntie Beryl)
    7 (RaggedTiger, Remorque) 6 (Epic Chocolat, JonBCN, Simes1970)
    Comments Include
    "Better than the original. Dirty and sweet." (Blaahh)
    "Great cover!" (Hairycub1969)
    " Not a bad cover. Robert can sound great on almost anything." (RaggedTiger)

13. @RaggedTiger with the truth there.

I used to like this more in 1985, it's actually what convinced me to buy the album. But it sounds a bit heavy-handed now.

14. 1st Place This has grown on me over the years, wasn't a great fan at the time but now I find it pretty good.

Some Like It Hot
    Highest Score 10 (Blaahh, Epic Chocolat) Lowest Score 7 (Auntie Beryl, RaggedTiger)
    Other Scores 9.5 (Eric Generic) 9 (MylesAngel) 8.8 (Untouchable Ace)
    8 (Remorque, Hairycub1969, Letuinmybackdoor, Simes1970) 7.5 (JonBCN)
    Comments Include
    "Absolutely brilliant, the band work up a sweat over a muscular groove, best track off a very underrated album." (Blaahh)
    "Decent song. Very 1985. The heavy clomping drum sound I'm not a huge fan of." (RaggedTiger)
    "I first heard this song in an episode of "Will and Grace", so everytime I hear it, the image pops up. A great production by Bernard Edwards." (Epic Chocolat)

15. I actually thought the Power Station and Arcadia songs would be revealed alongside the Duran Duran songs.
    I'm glad they're being revealed as separate rates.

The original Get It On is a 10, I gave the cover 7.5 because it's fine but I wouldn't really go back to it.

Some Like It Hot was always going to be the highest rated Power Station track, and it's the only one I'd heard before the rate. I gave it 9, and have ranked 13 Duran songs above it (5 songs equal to).

16. I shall be back later with Arcadia.

17. Some Like It Hot is the shizz. But I took 0.5 off because it's not on a par with the best DD stuff.

18. Before we get to the main event, can I just check did I forget to vote for the Power Station or are you only including a few people in the "other scores" section?

19. Unnameable, I must apologise your list and scores must be lost in the ethersphere as I don't seem to have them at all. They seem to have not went onto the spreadsheet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.