DVD to mp4 (or better) conversion | The Popjustice Forum

DVD to mp4 (or better) conversion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by type:epyt, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Hi guys, hoping some of you may be able to help with this ...

I want to be able to convert some of my dvd's to a format that can play on my iPad in a reasonable format ... Hopefully for free ( it is the Internet after all).

It's likely gonna be tv shows rather than movies so need something that you can select each episode individually and that can convert around 45 mins of playback.

Now, before anyone starts I know I can find something on google but I'm hoping some of you may have some experience of this and therefore recommend something that will do the job first time every time as previous experience of DVD audio to mp3 converters has been very patchy.

All suggestions or input appreciated ...

2. SBK

SBK

I've never found a free DVD ripper thats any good.

They all have restrictions / watermarks, before you pay. They're normally not that expensive, less than £20

3. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

I've always used Smartripper to get the files off the disc, preserving the structure of the DVD, and then use other software to read these files and let you pick out the individual episodes, chapters, etc.

4. I think you can do it with a combination of VLC and HandBrake? (an older version of HandBrake alone might work too but now HandBrake uses VLC to do the conversion)

I rip all my TV shows from DVD with it. It works fantastically and you can fiddle with the quality/file-size ratio until it's exactly to your liking.

http://handbrake.fr/

5. Thanks guys ... Gives me somewhere to start ...

6. Cindy

Cindy Guest

I just stumble upon this DVD to MP4 Converter that can convert DVD to MP4 for free, hope it helps:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.