Dynasty | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Dynasty

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by rav4boy, Jan 13, 2016.

1. It looks horrific! I so hope they don't mess this up- Joan and Linda HAVE to make appearances. I know Stephanie Beecham would be up for it but I doubt she'll be asked...

Baby Clyde and Andrew.L like this.
  2. Yay, Jake from Melrose - a crush from my childhood.

It looks fun but I feel like it could be presented as a totally separate project and its ties to the original Dynasty series will actually work against it in a big way.

Baby Clyde likes this.
  3. This has axed after 13 episodes written all over it.

I'm in dire need of a complete nine seasons Dynasty rewatch once I finish was 14 seasons Dallas rewatch.

4. Besides the bitch fight, the show looks nothing like the original. Why didn't they set it in the 80's or 90's.

Lapras likes this.
  5. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

This should have been a sequel or a spin-off.

rav4boy likes this.
  6. Looks absolutely horrific and that trailer just gave the whole plot away.

Having said that it seems my friend Hollis is in it so maybe I'll have to tune in.

UnionJackMix likes this.
  7. Oooohhh I love it! I was prepared to shit all over it thanks to your comments guys but unless all the good stuff has been crammed into the trailer it's right up my alley.
    Although, so tasteless that it starts with new Fallon getting cunnilingus in the first scene....
    But she looks like a gay man in a dress, so camp, those looks, and the fight, yeah, love it. But, Krystle is not a blonde!! Wtf???!!!!
    The gays are just barely cute. Why aren't they as hot as Grant Show?
    I'll be watching!

Andrew.L likes this.
  8. It looks dreadful. Having said that, if they'd played the old theme tune over the trailer, I'd probably have been raving about it. I'll skip, but will tune in if it looks like nu-Fallon will get abducted by aliens at any point...

9. Did anyone watch the premiere? I really didn't enjoy it. The lead Carrington actress is pretty great, but everything else was so dull. Dynasty is a show that only works if everything is over-the-top (from the fights to the insults to the drama to the clothes to the aesthetics), and I couldn't point out a single memorable thing about that hour of television.

10. Just watched the pilot and yasss @ this being a glossy shallow bop. My new favorite trash tv.

lushLuck likes this.
  11. I wish it were trashier or soapier or campier - just more everything! As is, it has some decent moments, but it's so bland & beige overall.

Rob and itsthemanbearpig like this.
  12. I agree. The writers definitely need to lean into the trashier side of the show a lot more, but they're giving me the occasional deliciously bitchy remark so I'm optimistic about the rest of the season. Fallon being shoved into that open grave was legit hilarious so there's promise.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. berserkboi and lushLuck like this.
  14. I actually think it's perfect casting. Whatever issues she had with Marc Cherry, Nicolette delivers in a soap setting. She added a lot to Knot's Landing and Desperate Housewives.

15. I really wish it was possible to watch this with all Sammy-Jo scenes removed. I don't like his character or his acting at all.

glorydays likes this.
  16. Did they gender swap Heather Locklear's iconic character?

Andrew.L likes this.
  17. Yeah. He's Crystal's nephew who's something of a love interest for Stephen's character.

berserkboi likes this.
  18. Bisexual Erasure rears its ugly head again (although the original did a fairly poor job of that back then too tbh, mostly painting Stephen as undecided...)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.