E.G. Daily (Elizabeth Daily) | The Popjustice Forum

E.G. Daily (Elizabeth Daily)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by WoW73, Jun 11, 2022.

1. One of my favourite voices in pop music, E.G. Daily released some great songs on soundtracks and her own releases. Her debut NEEDS to be re-released!!

2. Later work:

3. Wild Child is such a great album, this is my favourite song from it

EG Daily had an incredible voice and deserved to be a big popstar. It goes without saying that we need Mind Over Matter on streaming as a matter of urgency

One of Stock Aitken Waterman's very best!

Blaahh and WoW73 like this.
  4. I love her too. I've got Wild Child and Say It Say It on vinyl. I didn't realise she was on streaming now

Totally agree about Mind Over Matter - what a song!

WoW73 likes this.
  5. Mind Over Matter is top notch SAW - sadly it was not a big hit. Though the song did rather well for me when I entered it in a round of the Retro Song Contest over in the Charts etc. section on this forum hehehe

I wish a career-spanning box set with remixes etc. was released!

Liberty and idratherjack like this.
  6. “Mind Over Matter” is a BOP but all I can hear is Tommy Pickles, ddd. Seems she used her singing voice for his voice.

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  7. I am glad I am too old to have watched that show

idratherjack likes this.
  8. Hard to believe she was the voice of Tommy Pickles in Rugrats.

She turns up in quite a few B-movies I like as well. (And usually dies).

WoW73 likes this.
  9. Love this bop

WoW73 likes this.
  10. I used to watch it when I came home from my final year of high school in 1996, at 17, to relax ddd.

YourLeadSinger and WoW73 like this.
  11. Not to mention this 'A' music video (as Patti, who gave birth to a 10 lb. baby boy):

WoW73 and lob0to like this.
  12. There's also this curious Australian edit of the 'Mind Over Matter' music video, eliminating the film cast scenes, switching to black and white, and recycling some footage from her previous videos:

WoW73 and idratherjack like this.
  13. She's had quite a career as a singer and actress who never became big but with a recognizable voice and songs that appeared in iconic classics.

I think a box set would be a great idea. E.G. is definitely an artist who needs her work curated.

YourLeadSinger and WoW73 like this.
  14. Cherry Pop, pay attention!

15. FLM likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.