Early 2000s Rock Chicks Rate - [WINNER + Voter Averages] | Page 44 | The Popjustice Forum

Early 2000s Rock Chicks Rate - [WINNER + Voter Averages]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by slaybellz, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Ah, damn! Not an ideal final result but I can't be tooo mad. Thanks for an awesome rate @slaybellz, loved the pacing!

Guy, Blond, slaybellz and 1 other person like this.
  2. The results never really went how I would have hoped, including the end but that takes nothing away from your flawless hosting talents @slaybellz. Thank you so much for the nostalgia trip and giving me chance to type for hours about my beloved Avril!

3. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I only voted in this rate to give Time an 11 (let’s be honest when will there ever be another chance to rate Chantal Kreviazuk). I had to suffer days upon days while most of this rate pretended that Canadians weren’t contenders. And now this.... I’m very conflicted because I probably would’ve given my 11 to I’m With You if Chantal hadn’t been in the rate. So I feel partially responsible. Don’t get me wrong, I think both are 10/10 songs, but Since U Been Gone has already won at least one rate while I’m With You continues to be the perpetual bridesmaid.

@slaybellz, you were a great host. Loved all the gifs (Robin Sparkles is still my fave for the double meaning), loved the write ups, loved that you included Amanda Marshall (who these voters did not deserve). I had a really fun time knowing there would be some crazy result awaiting me every few days.

4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Great rate @slaybellz so seamless!!! Can't argue with the winner either teebs.

5. I read the final reveal while they were giving the public vote results at Eurovision. People, I was shaking. I like that we all live in different spheres but that stress...

Me scrolling:
    Oh, that's a little bit harsh.
    Ah, now I get it.Yikes!

Thank you for hosting @slaybellz. It was very informative, I always enjoy discovering new Canadian stuff. I'll follow the adventures of my discovery Melissa O'Neil on The Rookie even if I quit the show. I think I ship her and her former instructor.

I still have a few results to catch up, list all the additional songs mentioned and post some more 00s French pop-rock.

6. A worthy winner, but I still prefer "Behind these Hazel Eyes" - and also the three songs posted below it were all better than the top two. Kelly does have some bangers in her back catalogue.

7. Actually Hands Clean was winning for a bit during the voting period. At the beginning the #1 song alternated between a few Avril songs, then Hands Clean took the lead, then back to Avril with I'm With You, and then once Since U Been Gone took the lead it pretty much stayed there for the rest of the voting period.

Also I can finally answer this now dd, Alanis was the Canadian artist with the biggest gap between her top and bottom songs. Although when I gave that hint during the voting period I think it was either Fefe or Skye. But Precious Illusions fell down quite a bit with the last couple ballots.

Last edited: May 23, 2021

8. Leaderboard Recap
    By Section

[​IMG]

53. Fefe Dobson - Bye Bye Boyfriend
    52. Skye Sweetnam - Billy S.
    51. Skye Sweetnam - Number One
    50. Bif Naked - I Love Myself Today
    49. Alexz Johnson - Let Me Fall
    48. Amanda Marshall - Sunday Morning After
    47. Amanda Marshall - Double Agent
    46. Alexz Johnson - 24 Hours
    45. Melissa O'Neil - Alive
    39. Fefe Dobson - Everything
    38. Skye Sweetnam - Tangled Up In Me
    37. Chantal Kreviazuk - In This Life
    36. Melissa O'Neil - Let It Go
    34. Alanis Morissette - Precious Illusions
    31. Chantal Kreviazuk - Time
    28. Fefe Dobson - Take Me Away
    24. Avril Lavigne - Losing Grip
    21. Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi
    19. Avril Lavigne - Don't Tell Me
    15. Avril Lavigne - Nobody's Home
    8. Avril Lavigne - My Happy Ending
    6. Avril Lavigne - Complicated
    4. Alanis Morissette - Hands Clean
    2. Avril Lavigne - I'm With You

[​IMG]

44. Jennifer Love Hewitt - Can I Go Now
    43. Cheyenne Kimball - Hanging On
    42. Katy Rose - Overdrive
    41. Lindsay Lohan - First
    40. Jennifer Love Hewitt - BareNaked
    33. Lindsay Lohan - Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)
    32. Ashlee Simpson - La La
    30. Samantha Ronson - Built This Way
    25. Ashlee Simpson - Pieces Of Me
    23. Liz Phair - Why Can't I?
    22. Hilary Duff - So Yesterday
    20. Jewel - Standing Still
    18. Michelle Branch - Are You Happy Now?
    17. P!nk - Don't Let Me Get Me
    16. Michelle Branch - Breathe
    13. P!nk - Just Like A Pill
    12. Stacie Orrico - Stuck
    11. Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
    10. Hilary Duff - Come Clean
    9. Michelle Branch - Everywhere
    7. Michelle Branch - All You Wanted
    5. Stacie Orrico - (There's Gotta Be) More To Life
    3. Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes
    1. Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone

[​IMG]

35. Casey Donovan - What's Going On
    29. Amy Studt - Misfit
    27. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
    26. Siobhan Donaghy - Overrated
    14. Natalie Imbruglia - Wrong Impression​

Guy, ohnostalgia, DJHazey and 11 others like this.

9. [​IMG]

Average: 7.784

Highest:
    1. @Music Is Death (9.917)
    2. @ohnostalgia (8.792)
    3. @slaybellz (8.667)
    4. @pop3blow2 (8.604)
    5. @Guy (8.521)

Lowest:
    1. @Daniel_O (5.979)
    2. @Blond (6.146)
    3. @londonrain (6.458)
    4. @Hurricane Drunk (6.583)
    5. @LKane (6.667)

[​IMG]

Average: 8.448

Highest:
    1. @Music Is Death (9.979)
    2. @unnameable (9.500)
    3. @Conan (9.388)
    4. @soratami (9.083)
    4. @livefrommelbs (9.083)
    4. @yeRleDanaL (9.083)

Lowest:
    1. @Verandi (7.063)
    2. @londonrain (7.333)
    3. @Phonetics Girl (7.563)
    4. @2014 (7.708)
    4. @Blond (7.708)

[​IMG]

Average: 8.198

Highest:
    1. @Music Is Death (9.600)
    2. @soratami (9.200)
    2. @yeRleDanaL (9.200)
    2. @DJHazey (9.200)
    2. @Robsolete (9.200)

Lowest:
    1. @Blond (6.400)
    2. @Daniel_O (7.000)
    3. @theincredibleflipper (7.100)
    3. @Milotic (7.100)
    4. @Hurricane Drunk (7.400)​

10. Jennifer Love Hewitt was robbed. Stacie Orrico received just recognition for her classic. Kelly managed the win, and you can't complain.

Also despite very enthusiastic voting even I couldn't beat @Music Is Death and their huge votes for every category.

11. I am not in the high scoring section for anything? That’s a bit surprising... Maybe I’ve stopped being as generous as I used to be!

Really great stuff @slaybellz !!

Music Is Death and slaybellz like this.
  12. I also want to say a huge thank you to everyone who participated in the rate, followed along and commented in the thread. This was probably my favourite rate to run so far!

Did I just do this rate as an excuse to get people to listen to and discuss songs I loved from my childhood with me?

[​IMG]

And I regret nothing! Seeing people make new discoveries, and geek out about a genre that I geek out about genuinely made me happy. So thanks for making my continued Covid lockdown a little less miserable!

Also for more nostalgic goodness here are a few pictures I saved while preparing for the rate but didn't get a chance to use anywhere:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guy, ohnostalgia, Daniel_O and 15 others like this.
  13. Thank you for doing this @slaybellz

Iconic songs. Iconic queens.

14. I might have screamed.

15. Aww thanks @slaybellz it was an amazing rate, very nostalgic to me too!
    I just couldn't thank you before 'cause the winner reveal happened too close to the Eurovision finals nn.

If there's rock chicks rate part 2 I'd probably be on board!

16. Great winner! I preferred Avril over Kelly because I'm With You is more symbolic and reminiscent to my childhood, but two 10s and a well-deserved top 2 for both.

Thanks for the rate @slaybellz!!! We can all now collectively avenge Skye's poor result in the rate by listening to her new Sumo Cyco album!!!!

17. I can’t believe I was a low scorer for every section nn but by the top 20 basically every song was amazing and I’m really glad my 11 ended up winning! Thanks @slaybellz for doing this, it was a lovely trip down memory lane.

soratami, berserkboi and slaybellz like this.
  18. Thank you for a wonderful rate @slaybellz, knowing only a handful of the songs going into the rate it was great to discover some more great artists and songs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.