Early 2000s Rock Chicks Rate | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Early 2000s Rock Chicks Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by slaybellz, Mar 1, 2021.

1. NEW DEADLINE - APRIL 3RD @ 11:59 PM EST

Reveals hopefully on Sunday or Monday.

[​IMG]

2. I'll just submit my ballot here then.

Siobhan Donaghy - Overrated - 11.

3. Wondering if a certain artist will pop up in the songs we could have rated hehe

4. Left Outside Alone | 11

5. I'll definitely try and vote in this!!

6. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Not Avril fucking Lavigne getting a 10.00 average from me fffffff. She was so, so good before, ugh.

Also does anyone else remember this lost classique?

Would’ve gotten another 10 from me fffff

Remorque, ohnostalgia, Blond and 3 others like this.
  7. Songs We Could Have Rated #7
    Your Suggestions - Part 1

For our last section of Songs We Could Have Rated i'll be going over the songs people suggested for the Extras section.

Delta Goodrem - Lost Without You

Suggested by: @Island

Delta Goodrem is an Australian singer and actress. I decided against this one because I thought it was a bit more of a pop ballad than pop-rock. Her song Predictable was also suggested.

Tammin Sursok - Whatever Will Be

Tammin Sursok is a South African-born Australian actress and singer. When deciding on the Extras list, I watched this video multiple times before I realised this is the same girl who plays Jenna in Pretty Little Liars. I was a bit shook. Had no idea she was originally a singer. Anyway, didn't include this one for the same reasons above.

Brooke Fraser - Lifeline

Suggested by: @londonrain

Brooke Fraser is a singer from New Zealand. I was actually very close to including this one, I quite like it and it fits the sound. Actually, I don't know why I didn't include it looking back. Her song Better was also suggested.

Bic Runga - Something Good

Bic Runga is also a singer from New Zealand. I felt like this one was a bit more soft rock than pop-rock.​

8. Let's not forget this holy trinity of Australian pop-rock gems, if we're mulling over songs we could have rated:

9. She also played Sienna in the final season of Hannah Montana.
    And with that, I must say y'all have 3 days to vote in part 2 of the Miley rate!!!

10. Obviously this exclusion means Amiel and Vanessa Amorosi are getting their own separate posts! Ddd

11. Someone's already entered Melissa O'Neil into PJ00s - this rate's impact!

Brooke Fraser is now Brooke Ligertwood who writes songs for Hillsong (you know, that Australian church whose LA branch roped in the likes of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez).

12. Island

Island Staff Member

Vanessa’s pop rock era wasn’t until the late naughties though.

Remorque, berserkboi and slaybellz like this.
  13. Wait, that actually makes me really happy!
    Oh that's awkward...

14. I would never consider Delta pop 'rock' persay, but hey any excuse to have any of her music in any rate is always welcomed.

londonrain, berserkboi and slaybellz like this.
  15. I just checked the PJ00s list and not only was Melissa O'Neil entered but Amanda Marshall and Bif Naked too. You guys!

[​IMG]

You know one of these days I finally will enter this contest to make everyone listen to other old forgotten Canadian songs I remember. Also dd at I Want It by Chanelle Hayes. I love that song.

16. dd I think nearly all the smaller artists in this rate have been entered in PJ00s at least once.

17. Songs We Could Have Rated #7
    Your Suggestions - Part 2

Vanessa Amorosi - Perfect

Suggested by: @Sprockrooster
    Vanessa Amorosi is an Australian singer. Unfortunately this one was automatically out of the running since it was released in 2008. Her song Kiss Your Mama was also suggested.

Amiel - Obsession (I Love You)

Suggested by: @Island & @berserkboi

Amiel is an Australian-American singer. I feel bad for not including this one since it seemed to be highly requested but I just thought it was more of a pop song with rock elements.

Jennifer Ellison - Bye Bye Boy

Jennifer Ellison is an English actress, former glamour model, television personality, dancer and singer. What a resume! Again, I thought this leaned more on the pop side with rock elements.

KT Tunstall - Black Horse And The Cherry Tree

Suggested by: @soratami

KT Tunstall is a Scottish singer. Overall I think her music is a bit more folk/alternative then pop-rock. Suddenly I See was also suggested and I thought that fit the rate a bit more. It was also a bigger hit.

Alex Parks - Maybe That’s What It Takes

Alex Parks is an English singer, or was? According to her wiki she is no longer active. She was the winner of a singing competition called Fame Academy. I thought the song was more of pop ballad than pop-rock.​

18. Was it really? I remember Black Horse and the Cherry Tree playing incessantly on the radio where I lived in the US.

19. They were both pretty big I honestly can't remember which one seemed bigger at the time I was just going off wiki. But you're right Black Horse and the Cherry Tree did better than Suddenly I See on the US charts.

20. Obvious 11 is obvious right @iheartpoptarts @Maki @Untouchable Ace ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.