EastEnders | Page 1437 | The Popjustice Forum

EastEnders

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by inanotherlife, Dec 26, 2009.

1. And it’s Gwen Taylor too. She’s a much better actress than this, but isn’t at all convincing.

steste likes this.
  2. She was superb on Corrie a decade back

3. This Aaron far-right/extremist storyline is pretty tough to watch. But I can see that it's raising awareness about a real problem that's on the rise and the damage it can cause. Hopefully they continue to handle it in a sensitive way.

craiggci and girlsaloudjunkie like this.
  4. i agree, I’m just catching up on the last month or so and it’s really uncomfortable viewing. I hope it can raise awareness and I hope it isn’t dragged out until next Christmas.

Madaboutmusic likes this.
  5. Plus Hollyoaks did it a couple of years ago, and that was equally uncomfortable viewing (and I think they dragged it out for a year).

craiggci and Andrew like this.
  6. Following on from my last post, I do think most soaps get it completely wrong these days on how long storylines go on for. Take the Gray thing. Murdered his wife a year and three months ago and we’re still waiting for it to be resolved. I think it might be coming up at Christmas, but even so, I’m bored with it. There’s a very fine line between keeping people watching and boring them to death waiting.

And often, when it is finally resolved, it’s a huge anti-climax and over with too quickly with not much aftermath.

I used to love Neighbours in the late 80s (when everyone else did). A storyline would last a few days and then get sorted, and if you didn’t like one, it would be over soon and another would come along. Soaps these days rely on too many slow-burners.

craiggci and Andrew like this.
  7. [​IMG]
    Love Whitney's redone red hair for taking centre stage this week. There seems to be a lot going on, and I'm spoiler free (always for the best).

steste, Island, Sam and 2 others like this.
  8. I feel like the producers have really kept their cards close to their chest this year, I have no idea where anything is going. Hope there’ll be lots of surprises and twists & turns over Christmas and New Year.

GodsAndMonsters and Andrew like this.
  9. Island

Island Staff Member

Neighbours is still pretty much like that sometimes except for the big “dramatic” storylines.

Next month looks lit for it ddd

10. The spoilers are very thin on the ground this year.

But pictures from location filming do seem to suggest that:
    Chelsea is nowhere to be seen at either wedding

ElectricKnight likes this.
  11. Not them cutting away from a Stacy Vs Janine argument in The Vic!!!

12. If we don't finally get another round of BUSH PUSH next year then I'm writing to Ofcom!

Also I loved how Whitney was channelling the spirit of Emma Summerhayes tonight.

Sam, Stradiwhovius, steste and 3 others like this.
  13. OK, the last five minutes of tonights was fucking Camp

I cannot wait to see how it all turns out

14. I had to rewind. Iconic.
    I’m dizzy from the head movements.

Andrew likes this.
  15. Island

Island Staff Member

I'm living for Whitney's scheming.

16. That should have been an hour, it felt so rushed! And all engineered so *that* could be the final line.

Island and Andrew like this.
  17. Loved the wedding twist, Janine and Mick shouldn't have so much chemistry, poor Sonia.

18. Island

Island Staff Member

We should have known the Dotty twist was coming...

Madaboutmusic and Andrew like this.
  19. Really hoping Whitney and Chelsea join forces, ala Zoe, Sam and Chrissie with Dirty Den..

20. Can’t believe how low the overnights are for a Christmas Day episode - 2.92m

Extra spoilers are out for tomorrow’s episode.
    EastEnders' Chelsea Fox to be rushed to hospital after killer Christmas discovery
    Her escape plan is ruined… for now.

Island likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.