eBay | The Popjustice Forum

eBay

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by _hazzie_, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Well seeing as I couldn't find an actual eBay thread here is one. I have just got into bidding on eBay recently (as apposed to Buy It Now) and I am a little bit hooked to say the least...

I just won this this evening after a few tense bids...

[​IMG]

The Girls Aloud What Will The Neighbours Say? promo album vinyl. I am now ever closer to completing my collection of released and promo physicals from this Girls Aloud era. Yay etc.

Has anyone else bought or stumbled across anything pop or general on eBay that they just had to have in their collection?

2. I lost a bidding war on a Nadine promo CD last week and the other guy ended up paying 5.65

Whereas a week later I got mine for a quid

Happy times!

I can't stop bidding on various singles now though, someone needs to take away my card!

3. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

I am becoming a seller soon. Maybe tomorrow.

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I got the same sampler on CD.
    Cost me about 40 euro though.

5. I routinely scour eBay for the Dollyrockers sampler. It only ever seems to pop up on there when I have no money!

6. I need to sell my old car radio on there. It's been sitting here for about 4 month, but I never get around to it.

7. I have become a seller....

8. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

I like that someone thought before 9am on a Monday morning was a sensible time to finish an auction, therefore allowing me to win a fairly new Blu-ray for nearly half what you can buy it for on Amazon. WIN.

9. You should have a look on Discogs then. There's one currently on there for the bargain price of £4.99.

10. Thanks! Hopefully it'll still be there at the end of the month!

11. I'm just about to but something, can someone pm me and talk me through paypal?

12. Ive bought a Nadine Promo CD with Insatiable, Red Light, Chained, Natural and Unbroken on it. It is supposed to be watermarked with a serial number, but how do I know it is an original and not being sold by pirates?

13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Just looked at it on eBay - looks fake to me. No record company logo, nothing identifying, could very easily be homemade. Can't see any reference to the CD online (Discogs for example, who usually have everything).

Then again maybe it was just done on the cheap.

14. If it's the one I've just seen, then it is real. I've got a load of them here, and they are very basic pressings. Seeing the prices they're selling for also, I highly doubt that someone's going to fake something for that little profit.

I think I might've just bought a fake Depeche Mode CD-R though.

15. Thanks for comments, and mine have not been pressed, they have been burnt on a writer.

16. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

eBay rant.

I sold a Blu-ray last night to some guy in France. I posted it this morning. Then about 3 hours later I get a Paypal Dispute notice, with him asking for a refund under the heading "item is not as described". From translating the note he put with it, I think he's claiming I listed it under the wrong category. How "DVD, Film, TV > Blu-ray" is the wrong category for a BLU-RAY I don't know.

I'm annoyed a) because it's ridiculous that eBay even allow a claim to be filed less than 24 hours after a purchase, especially when the buyer and seller are not even in the same country and b) because it means the money is now "on hold" until this is resolved, which could in theory take up to 50 days.

It's pretty obvious the buyer changed his mind and regrets making the purchase. I fully expect that in a few weeks he'll claim he never received it, or it was damaged when he did. So I'll end up losing out and having make a claim via Royal Mail etc.

UGH.

Rant over.

17. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Oh WHAT a surprise - French guy received the Blu-ray today and it was damaged in the post! Twat. He sent me a photo, and he's clearly broken it himself, I packaged it up really well, there's no bloody way that happened in the post. I've told him he has to send it back to me if he wants a refund. GRRRRRR.

18. I did hear that Ebay are in the process of overhauling their system (I'm praying that the DSRs are scrapped) as they're getting a lot of flack for always coming down on the customers side even when it's patently obvious that the customer is a persistent fraudster. I'm not holding my breath though.

I'd suggest that you speak to someone at Ebay, given that the buyer has shot himself in the foot slightly by starting a complaint before he received the goods. At least make it a little difficult for him to get his money if nothing else.

19. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Well I gave him the option of sending it back (he said as long as I paid his postage, but I directed him to the Help page on eBay where it says it's the responsibility of the buyer to pay for that) or a partial refund, and he chose to send it back. About 10 seconds after I'd sent him another message reminding him that returned items have to be sent via a trackable method (again, at the buyer's expense) he confirmed he'd sent it, but I doubt it's tracked. If I get it back, he gets his money. But I'm seriously hacked off that he wasn't just honest from the beginning and said he'd changed his mind. It would have been so much easier.

20. ^ This is why I no longer sell on eBay...you have my sympathy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.