Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Madaboutmusic, Dec 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The snippet suggests it’s more of a cute 00s trend than a Weeknd retro synth throwback. It’s way more reminiscent of the latest Bieber album.

it actually sounds… kinda catchy but also has that UK popstar cheapness to it, and the lyrics read typically bland.

blaze_dave and Island like this.
  2. This is gonna smash

3. There's no way this isn't going to smash sounding like that. I kinda like that snippet though nn

4. MB

MB

I feel sick. That actually sounds decent. Somebody slap me.

blaze_dave likes this.
  5. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

They way y’all turned the minute he put on a wig and a synth…shame!

Tabris, Leopold, Overdose and 24 others like this.
  6. Ah the Weeknd, sorry didn't realise Abel was his real name. My bad. But yeah that playlist of his highlights are so good.

elektroxx, Leader Beans and Island like this.
  7. ADM

ADM

This giving me "24/7 Live Chill House Radio" on YouTube.

8. This is really not that good and I'm not sure why some of y'all are stressing. Does it sound fine? Yes, but so does most of his music. This is the same soulless creativity-lacking stuff as before.

Will it smash? There's a good chance. But I think this so-called comeback single was bound to anyway. Basic GP is going to be basic.

9. I think there's an argument to be made that *d's cynical approach to either blatantly cashing in his own tired tropes or recycling ideas that have already been successfully executed by more talented artists means that anything he puts out will inherently leave a bad taste regardless of how laser precise it may be constructed in theory.

I'm not going to make that argument because I think we're all on the same page but I do think it's an interesting predicament to be in where an artist has pigeon holed themselves so thoroughly that everything they put out will feel creatively bankrupt regardless of how it actually sounds.

10. Are we should it's the real thing? the vocals sound nothing like Ed.

11. Yes, the clip came from TikTok and he posted about it

12. Maybe his vocal style is a little different but it definitely sounds like Ed to me.

navytaxi likes this.
  13. Well... it does sound like an improvement so there's that. I'll give it a listen once it drops.

The bassline reminds me a bit of 5SOS' terrific Youngblood but with less of a punch.

blaze_dave likes this.
  14. Me seeing a tag notification in an Ed Sheeran thread:

Just leave me & Big Payno in our respective Comeback Corner of hell.

15. The dissonance between what he's singing about in that clip and his actual life where he just had a child named....Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran. Just a completely hollow attempt at a post-lockdown summer anthem.

Martyn, Rob, Wishlight and 12 others like this.
  16. I don't think this sounds particularly like an upgrade, though I do need to hear the whole track. I dislike Ed's artistry, but I think some of his hits like "Thinking Out Loud" are "Castle On The Hill" sound markedly better and more distinctive? I mean, yes, this certainly sounds better than some of the ones that are just soul-meltingly cringe (Galway Girl, Perfect, etc.), but I'm not seeing the progression even if it's a little more sonically to some people's tastes.

17. Onika clocked us ages ago.

[​IMG]

Wishlight, inevitable, cpr and 3 others like this.
  18. He sounds like he's trying to imitate The Weeknd in that clip. Like, trying trying.

19. The way I looked that up because I couldn’t tell if you were joking or not only to find out you were telling the truth. Aye-

Leopold and Martyn like this.
  20. Yeah, the inauthenticity of it is too hard for me to ignore.

Inauthenticity is Ed's middle name, tbh, but this is just over the top. It sounds lifeless.

inevitable likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.