Ed Sheeran - = | Page 52 | The Popjustice Forum

Ed Sheeran - =

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Madaboutmusic, Dec 19, 2020.

1. This is fun. I dig it

sugarcoma, Dynamo and elektroxx like this.
  2. I am sadly bopping harder than ever to this.

Dynamo likes this.
  3. I mean, it should have been a Rita Ora single, but I’m still bopping.

Dynamo likes this.
  4. This is way better than it has any right to be.

An Insider and Dynamo like this.
  5. I mean, I won't mind at all if the radio play that as much as Bad Habits.

Dynamo likes this.
  6. I guess that he lied when he said that "Bad Habits" would be an outlier on =. "Shivers" is a low-key bop. And oh my god, Anna-Sophia Robb!

Is Hollywood over the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope? Because if they're not, I need them to give Anna-Sophia Robb the role of Manic Pixie Dream Girl in a major Hollywood film.

An Insider and Dynamo like this.
  7. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

This is…actually quite good??? The production’s nothing special and the lyrics are still his usual brand of “mouth” nonsense, but the chorus melody and rhythm actually sound like they had some thought put into them. It’d fit in really well on X.

Now watch it be blocked from #1 by Bad Habits.

Dynamo likes this.
  8. This is a Jonas Brothers song.

9. I'm not going to lie, this at least has some kind of flavour to it. One of his good songs.

10. He really has no business snapping this hard. Every album campaign of his, I dread it because he is so overhyped now and then he drops songs like Bad Habits and Shivers.

The pre-chorus reels you in and then that chorus hits. Sublime.

11. Fair play, this is the best thing he's done in a long, long time.

12. The chorus is infectious, the replay value incredible.
    This is one of the best songs he's ever done.

13. It's actually not bad at all. It's fun song that would have been a cute #15 for Little Mix or Rita Ora. He's done such a bizarrely good job of transitioning from MOR/Real Music into bubblegum pop but while still being seen as marketable as the former to the general public.

elektroxx likes this.
  14. Like Bad Habits, it is catchy but can't help feel this sounds like it's something I have heard before. I can't put my finger on it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  15. That's 3/3 for me. I'm not happy about it but he's done good.

Matt likes this.
  16. This is a bit of a bop, and I love the video. So much fun.

elektroxx likes this.
  17. Hmm this is his first great song and video in ages. It’s giving me Metro Station. Didn’t Bad Habits kind of underperform globally (for his standards)? This might save the era.

18. I wouldn't say so. "Bad Habits" has been No. 1 on the UK Singles Chart for ten weeks, is currently No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at No. 1 in the very long list of countries.

19. Oh, well this would probably smash harder? We never know with GP taste, but it deserves to do better, teebs. But I honestly don't mind Bad Habits either, it's just very basic. I might even prefer Shape of You over it.

20. This is brilliant fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.