Ed Sheeran - = | Page 67 | The Popjustice Forum

Ed Sheeran - =

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Madaboutmusic, Dec 19, 2020.

1. It’s hardly a flop is it. Anyone else would kill for these numbers

hollaa01 likes this.
  2. Halsey's latest critically acclaimed album opened with 98k with no singles prior to the album and no promo. Ed's album has top 2 top 10 singles, performed at the VMAs etc and is doing just under 20k more.

papatrick, hologram, tea and 25 others like this.
  3. I mean, yes the album is going #1 on both sides of the Atlantic but when Ed himself has said that Adele is the only person who sells more records than him and that his goal is to be bigger than her it is a bit of a scream to see the numbers for his album come in so much lower than expected because you know he is fuming about it.

4. Doesn't his good buddy Taylor sell more albums than him?

5. Also - stream Easy on Me

U.K. midweeks

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (47,479)
    2 Adele - Easy On Me (47,464)
    3 Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (46,195) *

P'NutButter likes this.
  6. Let me go give it its second stream from me.

tea, Bobbyrae, Vasilios and 9 others like this.
  7. Overpass Graffiti is outstanding. Have played about a hundred times so far this week.

8. This Top 3

[​IMG]

9. RMK

RMK

This is my favorite bit in the Pitchfork review.
    The subtle distaste.

inevitable, Island, Bobbyrae and 4 others like this.
  10. Me to Ed since he debuted in the charts:

inevitable, Rob, Liberty and 2 others like this.
  11. = debuted at No. 1 on the ARIA Albums Charts, but the album definitely did not perform as well as I—and I'm sure Ed—was expecting it to—he has three songs in the Top 10 of the ARIA Singles Chart ("Shivers" at No. 2, "Bad Habits" at No. 4, "Overpass Graffiti" at No. 8), but outside of those, "Visiting Hours" is at No. 29, "First Times" at No. 31 and "Tides" at No. 43, which is not the Top 20 takeover that I was expecting from a new Ed Sheeran album.

12. Seeing the Swifties, Adelephants and Sheerabominations tear each other apart over who gets to claim title over the most loved by easy-listening soccer moms when all of them have or are going to face the same 66-70% post-merch bundle drop is a kii!

YAS DRAG EACH OTHER!!

13. RMK

RMK

Adelephants. Scream

varjak, popjunkie and blaze_dave like this.
  14. Comparing Taylor to *d or Adele in terms of anything but sales feels like bait and I will not be partaking.

15. Its UK opening week was less than a fifth of Divide's. It was also the biggest opening week for any album since Divide.

I may or may not play this album again, but if even the industry's reliable cash cows aren't so reliable anymore, it's not exactly positive news for anyone else. I'm sure ABBA and Adele's numbers will be considerably higher, but since the former is effectively a one-off and we probably won't see a follow-up to the latter until 2025 at the very earliest, it's pretty bleak stuff for the industry.

16. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Something somethings bird of a feather, etc.

And soon to come:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

They're lowkey the same person more than either would probably admit.

17. Talking to @Sanctuary about Taylor is like talking to my parents about politics. Better left alone methinks.

19. There's a joke here about Taylor & Ed calling themselves "mom" and "dad" and calling Camila their daughter, I just need like 5 more minutes to workshop it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.