Eden | The Popjustice Forum

Eden

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by MrJames, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Has anyone been watching this? There's only one episode left tonight but it is honestly one of the most gob-smacking things I have ever seen.

Last night's episode was relentlessly repulsive. Sexism, homophobia, vile treatement of animals. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse... it did. Glenn has got to be one of the worst humans to ever exist.

Well worth a watch if, like me, you love to be outraged by other people's appalling behaviour.

Trousers and Stradiwhovius like this.
  2. Last nights was the first one I caught, I'll go back and watch the others later. But yes all of the "Valley boys" made me physically gag; you could smell them through the TV.

Glenn was right about one thing though, the island was definitely a microcosm: A small group of nasty men hoarding resources, bullying and oppressing everyone else.

3. I didn't even realise this had come back, I loved the first series last year.

4. It's funny how the show mirrors real life in a lot of ways, but just sort of an extreme condensed version. Toxic masculinity basically destroying society and the environment.

Glenn showing absolutely no remorse in his interviews was shocking. Although his fellow Valley boy Stephen (I think?) almost irritates me just as much as he keeps saying things like "It was like I could see things happening in slow motion", "I could see the bubble was going to burst but I couldn't stop things". At least he felt rightfully ashamed, but where was this insight at the time?

Stradiwhovius likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.