Eliza Doolittle - Big When I Was Little (First Single) | The Popjustice Forum

Eliza Doolittle - Big When I Was Little (First Single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Jul 4, 2013.

1. I've seen this played all over the music channels over the last week or so. It has a genuinely quite rich sounding bridge but its lyrics are embarrassingly try-hard, troughout, and her I don't know if I can see her "happy-go-lucky" shtick striking commercial gold, second time around (although the Disclosure collaboration will give her as decent a push as any). Meh, it's listenable if completely forgettable.

[video=youtube;XqGx1lfyb6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqGx1lfyb6s[/video]

2. I'm looking forward to the new album!

3. RJF

RJF

One look at the screenshot of the YouTube video tells me all I need to know about the audio/visual experience it would offer.

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Random, but could anyone confirm for me whether Skinny Genes got anything to do with Skinny Jeans lyrically? Apart from it being a pun, is she singing about jeans anywhere in the actual song?

5. ''I really don't like your skinny genes (she means jeans obviously)
    So take them off for me
    Show me what you've got underneath
    So we can do this properly''

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah I assumed that bit was about jeans, but I'm still not entirely convinced if it isn't some sort of bizarre metaphore/pun, meaning she isn't singing about actual pants.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.