Eliza & The Delusionals - Now and Then (May 20 2022) | The Popjustice Forum

Eliza & The Delusionals - Now and Then (May 20 2022)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by klow, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Eliza & The Delusionals are an Australian band who have slowly been growing in profile over the last few years, and are now readying their debut album Now and Then for release next month.

There's a heavy 90s influence, and a fearlessness when it comes to a huge, stratospheric hook. Hatchie and Soccer Mommy would be two artists that spring to mind as soundalikes but this music sounds a little larger and more cavernous to me.

[​IMG]

1. Give You Everything
    2. Save Me
    3. YOU
    4. Nothing Yet
    5. Lonely
    6. Halloween
    7. Bed Song
    8. Bed Now (Interlude)
    9. Get A Hold Of You
    10. Circles
    11. All The Time
    12. Now And Then

The latest single - perhaps their moodiest - "Halloween" is out today.

Previously: "Give You Everything" (which attained 9th place in PJSC 112):

"Nothing Yet" (one of their biggest choruses):

"Save Me" (which features a nice "Bette Davis Eyes" rip):

"YOU" (which features "Teenage Dirtbag" drums):

Tagging those who gave them a bunch of points in PJSC: @Carel @Jeffo @cleosnatchra @ufint @swim

2. Jonathan27 and Artemisia like this.
  3. Ok Give You Everything is massive let me perch a bit for the album. Thank you for the tag @klow!

klow likes this.
  4. Album's out!

The title track is a lovely

[​IMG]

moment that balances out well with all the rest of the Pale-Waves-On-Caps-Lock vibes of the rest. Hopefully now that the "debut album hurdle" has been cleared they'll be able to continue to build their profile and become everyone's new favourite, because they are, as Louis Walsh might say, "world class" imo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.