Ella Mai | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Ella Mai

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nooniebao, Jan 16, 2018.

1. She’s mentioned he’s her fave a million times

“:(“

superultra, nooniebao and Subspace88 like this.
  2. I only very recently heard of her, but Chris Brown stanning is enough to immediately put me off.

londonrain, Subspace88 and Ferk like this.
  3. CB aside she's a talent and an ear for melody, all her songs are super catchy.

4. Kehlani used to say he was her fave too until he turned his vitriol onto her. They always learn the hard way. (Tinashe, Zendaya, Normani, etc.)

5. Difference is he was pushed on Tinashe and Zendaya who didn't want him, while Ella has been vocal about being a stan and him being her no 1 collab etc.

elektroxx, Wishlight, Rem and 6 others like this.
  6. Her Chris Brown duet was renamed Whatchamacallit and it’s the first instant grat track:

Island likes this.
  7. She’s too talented for a Chris Brown duet. The song is nice but that’s just put me off.

8. Sadly, I really don't get her hype. Her songs are ok but they seem kind of dated.

Untitledjp likes this.
  9. I'm listening to the album and I'm on 'Cheap Shot' and they all sound like they could've been sung by Chris Brown.

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  10. She’s on the cover of Billboard magazine with Dua Lipa and Post Malone:

godspeed, superultra and sesita like this.

11. The dictionary definition spoken word interludes are extremely corny and I quickly skipped past the Chr*s Br*wn song, but otherwise this has been a pleasant listen. "Dangerous" is great.

Island likes this.
  12. Now you say that... yes... Oh well.

Island and Subspace88 like this.
  13. Thanks for ruining the album.

londonrain, Island and Subspace88 like this.
  14. Trip on the Tonight Show:

2014 and DMDR like this.
  15. This is a win for me - as I generally like the songs Chris records? Just despise his vocals and persona.

Island and Vasilios like this.
  16. Is this worth listening to? Any highlights?

17. I haven't listened to the album yet but I heard "Gut Feeling" in the New Music Friday playlist and this song is single-worthy.

18. Do we have projected numbers for this? Trip finally clicked when I watched that performance but I still her EPs were better than the album.

19. It’s a good album. Give it a spin.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.