Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue | Page 231 | The Popjustice Forum

Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by D.Jay, Apr 25, 2017.

1. I’m just here to say that Brighest Blue (the closing album track) is glorious. There’s something so momentous about it that I can’t put my finger on. Ngl it’s one of the only songs on the album I play mostly every other day

2. Yes. According to a reliable insider on ATRL, she even considered releasing a solo version. They hinted at this before today’s leak. Looks like it was likely a pitch to Ellie too since she doesn’t show up in the songwriting credits for the Regard/Troye/Tate version.

3. Brightest Blue has some great songs and the sequencing/its fairly short length makes it a breeze to listen to.

Start and Tides are probably my favourites but How Deep, Power and Brightest Blue are excellent too.

Don't know if I want to seek out her version of You though ddd

D.Jay likes this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Tides is really fantastic, but Power and Love I'm Given were the right single choices.

D.Jay likes this.
  5. Love I'm Given was the best song and should have been the lead instead of Power.

6. Her solo demo version was leaked all the way back in November.

7. I prefer her vocals on the duet leak compared to Tate's, but Troye's vocals definitely fit the song better than Zayn's. The solo demo that leaked forever ago sounds like it was recorded in a garbage disposal.

8. I really like ZAYN's yeahs in the track it's really hot

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  9. Funny that song has two versions and both are a bit like pulling names out of a hat to see who will be on it.

10. Happy anniversary to her most quickly abandoned album.

RMK, Laurence, soratami and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.