Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

Yeah, Swae Lee's verse is the only redeemable part of the song for me, bar the awful 'I had to cut my b off, she bein' stubborn' part, so a solo version is just not it for me.

I find Ellie Goulding so frustrating, she can delivers on all accounts, yet, as with this single, she brings out those underwhelming songs.

Close To Me is extremely bland, the melody is so... obvious?

Close to me is awful. I couldn't even bring myself to hear it to the end, the chorus is just that annoying , with the half-shouted 'Close to me'. Her talent remains wasted.

I am very underwhelmed by the commercial unsuccess of Close to Me.

Yes it is a bit boring for a comeback single but still catchy and has the old Ellie feels. It has not even entered iTunes top 20 yet with the radio playing it a lot. (The fact On My Mind outsold this was quite a surprise to be honest.)

She needs a TV performance to wake the general public. (Not the On My Mind tragic on X factor)

He/Him
I’m completely whelmed by its commercial unsuccess. It doesn’t even pretend to be memorable or smart. It just exists as a “this’ll do, maybe? Gotta get those streams!” release. She sounds good on it but it’s long since lost the lustre of being sparkly and new when I’ve barely had reason to come back. 2018 might as well not existed for her, artistry-wise.

I am very underwhelmed by the commercial unsuccess of Close to Me.

Yes it is a bit boring for a comeback single but still catchy and has the old Ellie feels. It has not even entered iTunes top 20 yet with the radio playing it a lot. (The fact On My Mind outsold this was quite a surprise to be honest.)

She needs a TV performance to wake the general public. (Not the On My Mind tragic on X factor)
I am not. The song is a trendchaser, but not in a good way.

She has been away for 3 years now and OMM followed the release of her biggest single to date and was released when sales were way better.

Most people really dislike/hate CTM, so I'm not surprised at all. It's bland, boring and the lyrics are a disaster.