Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

It is sad this has become her brand since Burn.

Not this rewriting of history re: Delirium. I still think it's a fantastic pop record that got hate for no reason I can imagine other than it not being Halcyon and having a terrible campaign, neither of which reflect on its quality. Nothing on that record was as trend-chasing as singles like Sixteen or First Time. At all.

Not this rewriting of history re: Delirium. I still think it's a fantastic pop record that got hate for no reason I can imagine other than it not being Halcyon and having a terrible campaign, neither of which reflect on its quality. Nothing on that record was as trend-chasing as singles like Sixteen or First Time. At all.

I disagree. I like parts of Delirium a lot but as a full record, it feels very faceless to me. A lot more exciting than Sixteen or Close to Me but still misses the spark and individuality that made her first two stand out.

I disagree. I like parts of Delirium a lot but as a full record, it feels very faceless to me. A lot more exciting than Sixteen or Close to Me but still misses the spark and individuality that made her first two stand out.

All of Delirium bar IDWIL >> Burn. You're right about Burn being her 'jump the shark' moment of course. It remains her worst single for me.

This era is looking gloomy. I’m appalled she would think putting this out into the world is okay. She’s much more than what she’s been putting out which is the saddest part. I thought she said she was rooting back to a sound like Halcyon. Unless the labels been pushing these.

Sixteen honestly isn’t bad if I don’t listen to the lyrics. I just can’t connect to the message of the song at all, perhaps because I’m not that nostalgic to be 16 and on MSN, it seems a bit juvenile.

I’ve always been a casual fan of Ellie so I’m not too sure what her different albums are but Don’t Panic is my favourite song by her. More of that please.

D

Deleted member 30181

I quite like Sixteen, especially the Only You-esque chopped vocodered bit where it sounds like there's a bit of acoustic guitar in the background. It's certainly better than Burn and On My Mind in terms of her lead singles, if that's indeed what this is.