Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

Staff member
This gives me Don't Feel Like Crying vibes more than anything else. So beige and boring though - Close To Me stays winning!

"Close to Me" has grown on me quite a bit. Solid single release. I just wish I could find a nice solo edit or something that subs in a different rap. Swae Lee's is just so bad.

Added straight into both Hot Hits UK and Today’s Top Hits on Spotify. Guess this is the single they’re pushing the album off then

It sounds like she made an album that wasn't made for radio or big single success, and her label wanted something to push, hence Close To Me and now Sixteen existing.

The whole picture collage thing is super corny too. Bring back the real Ellie
As usual, iconic icon did it first.
madonna_celebrationCDsi6tr_fr.jpg

It has been said several times but I guess I'll say it again: "Sixteen" is an enjoyable basic bop. I will have forgotten everything about it in a month but, for now, I like it! That being said, if you had told me back in 2012 that Ellie Goulding in 2019 would be the type of artists I would go to for basic bops, I wouldn't have believed you.

He/They
I really enjoy Sixteen. It’s a lower league to her best, but it ranks far above Burn and On My Mind as her lead singles go (if it is even that). It has a few great moments, and yes @Mikal the bridge is one of them.
Between this and Flux, I feel we might be in for another Delirium mismatch of an album.

He/Him
https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8507453/for-the-throne-track-list

For The Throne tracklist, coming out on 26/04.

1. "Kingdom Of One" – Maren Morris
2. "Power Is Power" – SZA, The Weeknd & Travis Scott
3. "Nightshade" – The Lumineers
4. "Hollow Crown" – Ellie Goulding
5. "Baptize Me" – X Ambassadors feat. Jacob Banks
6. "Too Many Gods" – A$AP Rocky & Joey Bada$$
7. "Turn On Me" – The National
8. "From The Grave" – James Arthur
9. "Me Traicionaste" – ROSALÍA feat. A.CHAL
10. "When I Lie (Remix)" – Lil Peep feat. Ty Dolla $ign
11. "Love Can Kill" – Lennon Stella
12. "Wolf At Your Door" – Chloe x Halle