Ellie Goulding - Higher Than Heaven (Feb 3) | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Ellie Goulding - Higher Than Heaven (Feb 3)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dynamo, Jul 25, 2021.

1. The snippet sounds brilliant. Even though it's an older track, it seems like it will fit in with the rest of the electro pop and dance sound of the new record.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  2. upu

upu

Easy Lover with Big Sean?
    It's gonna be a song about her Vagina, isn't it??

Ferk likes this.
  3. Frankly, any artist can keep a song called Easy Lover that's not this:

4. There's literally no reason this shouldn't be out tomorrow nn

5. Found what the cover remind me of
    [​IMG]

6. upu

upu

7. upu

upu

8. It sounds very Funk Wav Ellie.

9. BYE

Ferk, Fighting Irish and Vasilios like this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Not her going against Calvin…this has a tiny bit more going for it at least, but I feel like they’re both going to be a bit dated on arrival.

11. Ferk likes this.
  12. [Robot TikTok female voice]

‘Watch me try the “bet you can’t resist listening to the greatest song ever recorded challenge”’

[Easy Lover starts playing as Ellie covers her eyes, obviously failing the challenge as the epic new single artwork appears on screen, doing some sick 360 rotations and zoom ins]

[Robot TikTok female voice]

‘Omg. I’m so embarrassed. Pre-save this song so you can fail the challenge too.’ [Ellie dabs]

13. ...nothing about this is inspiring any kind of confidence in this era ddddd.

14. It's a cute song but there's way too much Big Sean on this.

15. Just heard this for the first time and I genuinely think this could be a SMA$H for her.

The chorus is an instant earworm, the first verse and its pre-chorus are bliss, and the ad-libs before Big Sean's, surprisingly good, verse are a delight. However, I wish they used the pre-chorus from the first verse for the final one too.

Hoping for a good NMF placement, which would be ideal as she's been doing loads of radio rounds today ahead of tomorrow morning's premiere on Capital etc.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    strictmachine79 and Mikal like this.
  16. I agree. Well, I don't see it being a hit but it's a great song that should start this campaign off on the right foot. Her adlibs on Sean's verse are gorgeous and he fits the song well. It's giving Brightest Blue (title track) but make it dark disco.

strictmachine79 and D.Jay like this.
  17. I really like the song. I would have loved it more if it didn't feature Big Sean.

saviodxl and strictmachine79 like this.

18. This is huge

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.