Ellie Goulding - "Like A Saviour" + Higher Than Heaven (Mar 24) | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Ellie Goulding - "Like A Saviour" + Higher Than Heaven (Mar 24)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dynamo, Jul 25, 2021.

1. I LOVE the song. The video is fine, either way - welcome back Elena!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    Leopold likes this.
  2. That video is basically identical to New Love.

3. The video is not good but I’ll forgive it since apparently this was a last minute single change from Let It Die.

GimmeWork likes this.
  4. Whew! Okay, exceeding my expectations with this massive bop. Take my wig Ellie! I echo that the adlibs and final chorus vocals are just heavenly. I'm not even mad at the Big Sean verse because it actually works?

5. Absolutely phenomenal video. The BUDGET.

ALSO 'Saviour' on the chalk board... the album name?

Music Is Death, sesita, ALEX and 3 others like this.
  6. Yeah that’s one of her best videos in a while.

It also made me realize I’ve never known what Big Sean actually looks like ddddd.

spaceship and Rob like this.
  7. There are a lot of hints about the album tracks on the chalk board but not the album title itself.

8. Meh. Song is a 7/10 and the video suffers from the same random energy of the ones from the previous era. At least it's not as diabolical as Hate Me.

huntypoo likes this.
  9. Oh wow, this a surprise. Not a masterpiece by any stretch, but probably one of her most solid singles in... almost a decade? Shockingly, I think the Big Sean feature works really well - it's dextrous, breaks the slight repetitiveness of the song, and sets up a nice little crescendo for the second chorus/bridge.

The video is :shrug:

But yeah, overall a lot better than it had any right to be. Her and Tove Lo are suddenly somehow operating in the same lane, let's hope she keeps that momentum going.

dodoriazarbon, Leopold, D.Jay and 2 others like this.
  10. There is some nice imagery in the video here and there but I have absolutely no fucking idea what's going on.

Rob likes this.
  11. Whoever chose her looks, and especially did her hair, should be fired! That said, even better hairstyles and outfits couldn’t save that music video!

I’m really hoping there’s a solo version.

12. Aren't you always!

13. This is basic...Big Sean's part is actually the stand out here..Super faceless and you can tell it's old

Raichu likes this.
  14. Actually no. I prefer the duet version of Hangin' On, despite almost always not liking features. I'm just picky, I suppose!
    It's not relevant to this thread, but I also prefer the duet version of Kylie's "All I See", Maroon 5's "If I Never See Your Face Again", the double feature version of Major Lazer's "All My Love" among others.

15. No idea what’s going on in the video, but had this on repeat all day.
    Added to Radio 2 B list.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  16. RMK

RMK

I actually think Big Sean makes the song way better.

17. Sounds great turned up loud in the car on a hot summers day.

18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I need a solo version of this now! Since when was Big Sean relevant again? Also the video was kind of giving me St Vincent's latest era n n.

Verandi likes this.
  19. This is insanely catchy. Exactly what she needed right now. I also loved the last album so maybe I’m an anomaly but I agree with everything everyone has said. It’s refreshing to see, what would normally be the outro, in the middle. Great track.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.