Ellie Goulding - ‘Sixteen’ and still no Album | Page 74 | The Popjustice Forum

Ellie Goulding - ‘Sixteen’ and still no Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by D.Jay, Apr 25, 2017.

1. I’m mildly bopping but whew if this isn’t something her A&R dug out from a pile of tracks marked 2017 Kygo.

She’s trying it a bit with that MSN lyric too. I can feel it trying to drag me back to 2008 but I won’t go Elena!

Kuhleezi, Rob, jj_ and 6 others like this.
  2. Just think, Ellie would’ve been referring to MSN Messenger from 2003 at that point. https://news.microsoft.com/2003/06/...s-im-lovers-to-express-themselves-with-style/

“Mike Montee, an eighth-grader at Sunridge Middle School in Pendleton, Ore., uses one word to describe MSN Messenger 6:
    “Tight.”
    What was the first personal emoticon he created? One with a picture of actress and model Carmen Electra.”

man.tis.shrimp and Ferk like this.
  3. It's really basic. Flux is way better.

Ferk likes this.
  4. 2014

2014 Moderator

This gives me Don't Feel Like Crying vibes more than anything else. So beige and boring though - Close To Me stays winning!

Ferk likes this.
  5. "Close to Me" has grown on me quite a bit. Solid single release. I just wish I could find a nice solo edit or something that subs in a different rap. Swae Lee's is just so bad.

Ferk likes this.
  6. Added straight into both Hot Hits UK and Today’s Top Hits on Spotify. Guess this is the single they’re pushing the album off then

7. Ellie Goulding should promote the Close to Me Red Velvet Mix in South Korea. It would be so iconic seeing the Red Velvet girls alongside La Goulding on Music Bank.

8. RMK

RMK

It sounds like she made an album that wasn't made for radio or big single success, and her label wanted something to push, hence Close To Me and now Sixteen existing.

9. The whole picture collage thing is super corny too. Bring back the real Ellie

10. As usual, iconic icon did it first.
    [​IMG]

Ferk, Runawaywithme, Aidan and 2 others like this.
  11. At least they are pictures of herself

12. It’s cute but basic

13. This song is basic as all get out - and I wouldn’t be shocked if someone told me this was a rejected demo from her last album - but I actually still can’t get enough of it.

D.Jay and flapjack- like this.
  14. This is a mixture of being a Teenage Dream Tesco Value knock off and a Kygo 101 mid tempo banger with a heap of beige on top but I still absolutely love it.

lushLuck likes this.
  15. It has been said several times but I guess I'll say it again: "Sixteen" is an enjoyable basic bop. I will have forgotten everything about it in a month but, for now, I like it! That being said, if you had told me back in 2012 that Ellie Goulding in 2019 would be the type of artists I would go to for basic bops, I wouldn't have believed you.

D.Jay and lushLuck like this.
  16. The bridge ("time, suddenly we got no time") is gorgeous and so Ellie. She sells this song in all of its basic glory.

D.Jay and Terminus like this.
  17. I really enjoy Sixteen. It’s a lower league to her best, but it ranks far above Burn and On My Mind as her lead singles go (if it is even that). It has a few great moments, and yes @Mikal the bridge is one of them.
    Between this and Flux, I feel we might be in for another Delirium mismatch of an album.

18. I will never understand what people have against "On My Mind." I bop every damn time.

Ferk, Nadine Is My BFF, Izzie and 5 others like this.
  19. https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8507453/for-the-throne-track-list

For The Throne tracklist, coming out on 26/04.

1. "Kingdom Of One" – Maren Morris
    2. "Power Is Power" – SZA, The Weeknd & Travis Scott
    3. "Nightshade" – The Lumineers
    4. "Hollow Crown" – Ellie Goulding
    5. "Baptize Me" – X Ambassadors feat. Jacob Banks
    6. "Too Many Gods" – A$AP Rocky & Joey Bada$$
    7. "Turn On Me" – The National
    8. "From The Grave" – James Arthur
    9. "Me Traicionaste" – ROSALÍA feat. A.CHAL
    10. "When I Lie (Remix)" – Lil Peep feat. Ty Dolla $ign
    11. "Love Can Kill" – Lennon Stella
    12. "Wolf At Your Door" – Chloe x Halle
    13. "Devil In Your Eye" – Mumford & Sons
    14. "Pray (High Valyrian)" – Matt Bellamy

strictmachine79 and 2014 like this.

20. Well, I don't know what to say on this...

man.tis.shrimp and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.