Elton John - Farewell, Yellow Brick Road (Farewell Tour) | The Popjustice Forum

Elton John - Farewell, Yellow Brick Road (Farewell Tour)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music City Queen, Jan 24, 2018.

1. It's the end of an era.

2. The website didn't work for me, but I signed up for Ticketmaster's Verified Fan presale. Hard to believe the last chance I'll get to see him is this December

3. [​IMG]

KYLE, LPT, Ray and 2 others like this.
  4. Damn, he's one of the artists who I always put off seeing because they seem to be perpetually touring - "I'll see him next year". This might just be a marketing ploy, but he got me with it - I'll definitely try to get get tickets for me and my mother.

DoggySwami likes this.
  5. No UK dates, hmm. Maybe they'll pop into the slot between Germany and Ireland at the end.

6. This tour will take 5 years and he’ll definitely do an album or two. Eltonya isn’t dumb.

Remember when he jinxed the Born This Way campaign.

7. I remember when I watched his Falkirk show from my back garden, kii.

P'NutButter likes this.
  8. Didn't... didn't he do a tour called The Final Curtain Tour in 2015?

Vasilios likes this.
  9. This'll be a Cher "Farewell Tour" situation.

10. Ever since MJ croaked after announcing his last tour, this sort of thing doesn’t sit well with me. Why curse yourself Elton sis?

11. Only Elton line up I’d attend
    [​IMG]

Laurence, LPT, aboutyounow and 2 others like this.
  12. The UK dates are in 2020 and as much as I love this mad old queen there ain't no way I'm buying tickets for something over 24 months in advance.

Vasilios likes this.
  13. If there's anyone here who is on the fence about seeing the good sis Elton, then I'd encourage you to get tickets. I've seen him, somewhat by chance, four times across two different continents, from smaller theatre venues to large arenas, and he delivers every single time. His full band show is hit after hit, complete with thoughtful video projections and visual elements (#thevegaseffect) and whilst his voice isn't what it was Elton is the consummate showman, still singing 'Rocket Man' and 'Tiny Dancer' like it was the first time. I also caught one of his solo shows with just Elton accompanying himself on piano, where he eschewed some of the evergreens for lesser singles and album cuts like 'Nikita', 'Take Me To The Pilot', 'Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters' and 'Sixty Years On'. He also ended that show with a set of songs from the Pnau remix album, which was amazing in and of itself.

I've never seen Elton play for less than three hours and he is so generous with his audience. Say what you want about him, but he is in a class of his own as a live performer and so worthy of his legendary status. It will be sad to see him bow out of touring, which has become such a key part of who he is as an entertainer, but I'm glad he can do it on his own terms (unlike poor Neil Diamond).

x

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  14. I will definitely be going, it's just a matter of what venue/date.

15. Got my tickets! Will be seeing him in September!

16. I can’t wait to say “Her tour is a disaster and it couldn’t happen to a bigger cunt.”

17. My mom (and her close friends, a lesbian couple who were a huge part of my childhood) dragged me to his show at age...10 I believe, and I'll never forget it! Seen him since as well. He's amazing live. Not really my kind of music and he's said/done things I don't agree with but I'd encourage going if you can.

18. Goodbye bitter queen

19. Jessie J's tour ended in October sis x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.