Embedded Tweets Problem | The Popjustice Forum

Embedded Tweets Problem

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by strangekin, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Every single embedded tweet no longer loads for me and I just get this

[​IMG]

I'm using Chrome, I'll check other browsers to see if it's the same though.

2. I have this problem intermittently (including right now). I'm using Safari.

3. It was my ad blocker before, but... I don't remember if I even got that holding screen.

4. This went away, but it's back back back again

5. Please fix this

6. This has been happening on mobile for months for me.

7. 1 out of 10 times I can see an embedded tweet at the moment.
    The other 9 it's loading.

I'm using a mac and chrome. How do I fix this?

8. If you right click where it says 'loading' and select 'open in new tab', it will show you the Tweet on Twitter, which helps a little.

9. There could be 99 tweets loaded on a page but all it takes is one tweet not loading to ruin the flow of the discussion.

10. The US politics thread is just a series of blank spaces for me and it's so frustrating.

11. So it's gonna be forever, or it's gonna go down in flames.

So, you've got 99 problems, and a tweet is one?

Anyway, my findings: if you have a privacy extension like Ghostery installed, allow Twitter on PJ. (In Ghostery, I have "Twitter Button" allowed, but not "Twitter Syndication.") I also had to disable tracking protection in Firefox, or else I'd get "This tweet cannot be loaded." Might have to do the same in Chrome, I dunno. Every once in a while I still get "Loading tweet," but refreshing seems to work, so I chalk it up to my shitty Internet connection.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.