Embedding Spotify Playlists | The Popjustice Forum

Embedding Spotify Playlists

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Trouble in Paradise, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Okay, I'm admitting defeat. I promise I looked around the forum and even found some ideas but nothing is working right for me. How do I post my playlist nicely on PJ?

I found this info:
    Copy this
    Code:

Replace usernameORidHERE with your Spotify username or ID (number)
    Replace playlistIDHERE with the Spotify playlist ID.

But- at the expense of sounding like a technological grandpa- I don't know what my Spotify playlist ID is or how to find it?

Thanks for all the help and understanding!

pop3blow2 and berserkboi like this.
  2. Congrats, you found the embed post!

How to Embed Spotify Playlists on PJ
    Copy this part which is below Code.
    Code:
    [MEDIA=spotify]path=user%2FusernameORidHERE%2Fplaylist%2FplaylistIDHERE[/MEDIA]

Replace usernameORidHERE with your Spotify username or ID (number)
    Replace playlistIDHERE with the Spotify playlist ID.

What is your username of Spotify (or your usedID)? Fill that in at "usernameORidHERE"
    What is the link of your Spotify playlist you want to embed? Fill that in "playlistIDHERE"

Link your playlist and I'll do it for ya!

pop3blow2 and berserkboi like this.
  3. The easiest way to find the playlist ID is on the Desktop App. Go to: Share > Copy Spotify URI

Screen Recording 2020-09-24 at 5.53.28 PM.2020-09-24 17_55_19.gif

So, for instance, for this playlist the Spotify URI was: spotify:playlist:3TZDbDtAMnHPtUiaifJigl

To complete the code you would need this part of that URI string: 3TZDbDtAMnHPtUiaifJigl

Your user ID should just be your profile name.

4. I did it! Thank you all for your help!!!

5. It's easier to just paste the playlist link in the "media" button in the forum and type user/yourSpotifyusername/ between https://open.spotify.com/ and playlist/etc. No need to look up playlist IDs or anything like that.

For example, I got the following playlist link from Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5idESJb88vdHTaiwljz3Dp?si=kOSOjRQQSXWbJMUHXxinSQ

Added the bolded part:
    https://open.spotify.com/user/silver-crescent/playlist/5idESJb88vdHTaiwljz3Dp?si=kOSOjRQQSXWbJMUHXxinSQ"

Use "media" and:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020

6. Thanks @soratami - this is much easier.

OR Spotify could, you know, let us copy paste the link like we did a year ago or so and have it embed automatically.

7. Anyone else having problems viewing embeds? I haven't been able to see any of them recently. I'm on mobile but don't know if it's also a problem for me on desktop.

berserkboi likes this.

8. Oh, this is good to know! I always tried using that media button for Spotify embeds, but would get an error saying 'unsupported link' or something like that. It was because I wasn't editing the pasted link with my user info, I suppose.

berserkboi and soratami like this.
  9. Great find!

berserkboi and soratami like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.