Emeli Sandé - Real Life | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

Emeli Sandé - Real Life

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Island, Sep 18, 2017.

1. She's really morphing into a gospel singer, isn't she? Love that for her.

sesita and Madaboutmusic like this.
    jawow_ likes this.
  3. This is a nice gentle bop, and I love her looks in the video -

sesita and Madaboutmusic like this.
  4. Nice song! She continues to be a source of light and positivity. Everything about her and her vibe is so....feelgood.

5. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

The new song is...actually brilliant? I'm surprised she doesn't try her hand at bops more often, because they're usually really good.

6. Chrysalis is a decent home for her, I think. They did a good job of the last Laura Marling album.

The album sounds like it's done already, so I can't imagine a label like Chrysalis signing her without having confidence in it.

7. The lead single from her fourth album is out. It's called Family.

nbtsa, nooniebao, jawow_ and 2 others like this.
  8. I like the sound of it, and I’m a fan of autotune as an artistic tool, but as of right now, her use of it is too much for me on this.

DMDR likes this.
  9. I actually like the new song, definitely a step in the right direction. First song she has released since her first album that I have enjoyed.

10. It's beautiful but it really is on the verge of being a full on cacophony. But I do prefer Emeli the more experimental she gets, so I do appreciate it!

godspeed likes this.
  11. The auto tune on this makes it almost unlistenable. This would be amazing without it.

12. Serving choreography! -

nbtsa and sesita like this.
  13. Wait. Family slaps. I love the autotune.

14. This. First song of hers since... Hurts? to actually make me sit up and listen, and could've been a real 11/10 return to form, but the autotune completely buries the amazing song (and amazing vocal performance, which is the most frustrating part!) contained within it. As it stands, meh.

15. Yeah this is great but I have to echo the thoughts that the autotune is too much for me.

16. Absolutely love this. After a few listens the autotune is definitely less intense than when you first hear it.

maneater83 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.