Emile Haynie - We Fall | The Popjustice Forum

Emile Haynie - We Fall

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vignesh, Jan 19, 2015.

1. [video=youtube;btcCkOso8D0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btcCkOso8D0[/video]

Tracklist:
    Falling Apart (feat. Andrew Wyatt & Brian Wilson)
    Little Ballerina (feat. Rufus Wainwright)
    Wait For Life (feat. Lana Del Rey)
    Dirty World
    A Kiss Goodbye (feat. Charlotte Gainsbourg, Sampha & Devonte Hynes)
    Fool Me Too (feat. Nate Ruess)
    Nobody Believes You (feat. Andrew Wyatt & Colin Blunstone)
    Come Find Me (feat. Lykke Li & Romy Beat)
    Who to Blame (feat. Randy Newman)
    Ballerina’s Reprise (feat. Father John Misty & Julie Holter)
    The Other Side

Via Interscope. Come 23 Feb 2015.

2. This looks like a who is who in #Trucredibility. Surprised there's no HAIM track.
    Can't wait!

3. I think I might not be ready. I need to prepare myself for this for I might end up without wig.

4. A&E

A&E

5. This is going to be very good, isn't it. I love it when actually great producers put out solo albums.

6. A&E

A&E

The Lykke Li / Romy Madley Croft (according to Emile's facebook) track "Come Find Me":

[video=youtube;1LXpvwQ5zCo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXpvwQ5zCo[/video]

7. So pretty.

8. That Lykke Li song is PERFECTION.

Anybody know if a video was shot for any of the tracks out so far??

9. Surprised no-one is talking about the album. I'm about to start my first playthrough.

10. A&E

A&E

I listened to it once and didn't feel the need to talk about it as it left me with hardly any feelings. "A Kiss Goodbye" is the standout but that was already out. The chorus of the Nate Ruess track is quite irritating, as are Emile's vocals on his own tracks. Otherwise it's just pleasant background music.

11. The songs released beforehand were the best, I think. It's nice enough.

12. You're right. The album bored me to tears.

13. I really like the album bar Andrew Wyatt sounding like Mark Owen all of a sudden. How did that happen?

14. I only just gave this a chance and I'm actually pretty into it, it's so bitter but so beautiful. Wait For Life and Dirty World are my highlights.

15. Just got to this via Blood Orange very late. The list of guests on this album is quite staggering and I didn’t know he was behind the scenes with so many PJ faves (and the odd ex-fave).

After just two plays I really like it, it’s very varied but holds together nicely. I half expected Brandon Flowers to make an appearance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.