Emma Blackery - Girl in a Box (2nd album) | The Popjustice Forum

Emma Blackery - Girl in a Box (2nd album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jones322, Apr 14, 2018.

1. anyone else enjoy this track?

I found it on Spotify randomly and I’m in love. Did a quick search on Emma Blackery apparently she’s a YouTuber from Essex.

2. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Agenda's a bop. I've been using it a lot as of lately.

3. Inland Empire

Cute basic bop.

4. The album is really good.

Subspace88 likes this.
  5. ddddd

She did that.

Former member 21294 likes this.
  6. Honestly that ending is a moment so voice well spent I guess.

Subspace88 likes this.
  7. Inland Empire

Y'know I really think this might be one of my favourite "pure pop" (if you'll pardon the term) albums of the year. There's not a single song I dislike, and Fake Friends, Third Eye and Burn The Witch are especially brilliant. I recommend it so much, especially if you're one of the many who were let down by Troye's album.

8. I find the singles a bit juvenile with the "spilling tea" type lyrics. Is the rest of the album similar?

9. Inland Empire

Yeah, I can’t deny the same sort of themes crop up quite a lot over the album (though it’s never as overt as it is in Dirt). But I still recommend it even if you can’t get on with the lyrics.

andru likes this.
  10. I'd say it has similar themes to that song, but none of the lyrics reach 'spilling tea' levels. Thank god.

andru likes this.
  11. Album is #15 in the midweeks! Really like the three singles.

Inland Empire likes this.
  12. I listened to this album for the first time today. I'm all for albums not solely revolving around love, but this record is a BIT heavy on the whole 'I don't like you' theme. It's still good, though.

13. Gorgeous little record. My only complaint is that, for such a lovely frothy pop album, Its cover art is totally shit.

14. Inland Empire

Cute Without You is, well, cute. I prefer her electropop side but this is a nice change of pace.

15. Inland Empire

New EP:

lostparachutes likes this.
  16. Damn, is this really a demo?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.