Emmylou Harris? | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Emmylou Harris?

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Rich T, Apr 18, 2016.

1. I love Emmylou Harris. That voice, that back catalogue, so beautiful. My favourite album is The Ballad of Sally Rose, which doesn't seem to be much of a favourite of many people but I swear it is absolutely jam-packed with hooks and some beautiful lyrics. Plus it's a concept album that tells a story, so it works really well as a complete listen. I just think it's great.

Other highlights include the trilogy of albums already mentioned of Wrecking Ball, Red Dirt Girl and Stumble Into Grace. Two of my all time favourite songs are there- Cup of Kindness, which I think is a profound life lesson more succinctly put than perhaps in any other song I've ever heard, and Bang The Drum Slowly, which is, I think, the saddest song I've ever heard and still has the power, hundreds of listens later, to stop me in my tracks and bring tears to my eyes.

IEngineered and Eric Generic like this.
  2. The Ballad of Sally Rose is definitely on my list to check out. My entry point was Wrecking Ball, then all the way back to Pieces Of The Sky. As much as I do like country music, there’s a limit to how much I can manage traditional bluegrass type sound at any one time, and some of her albums fall into that category.

Eric Generic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.