En Vogue | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

En Vogue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by BachelorNo2, Nov 23, 2007.

1. I agree this was their best performance of the song

2. Dawn should have been in the band with the Lucy Pearl tracks being EV singles.
    Imagine if they cam out with Don't Mess With My Man.

Holly Something likes this.
  3. The En Vogue hit that never was, I was glad they performed it when she rejoined the group

4. The best interview yet from this era in my opinion.

Musiquelover64 and londonrain like this.

5. Needs a little work still, but nice to finally see a live performance of Rocket.

Musiquelover64 and londonrain like this.
  6. I never knew that they even got new music out, let alone touring. I've always been a fan and Masterpiece Theatre being their last album together was a good way to take a hiatus/or go out on a high note. One thing I love love love about these sisters are their facial expressions in the videos. Constantly serving looks and lip syncing to their own songs FOR LIFE/LEGACY.

Their greatest hit CD I think called Best Of is permanently placed next to my CD player at home. It's fucking flawless tracklisting.

7. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Best of En Vogue is brilliant. It’s the first En Vogue album I got. (The second was Masterpiece Theatre.) Have you not been checking for their new music since 2000, then?

2004’s Soul Flower was nice enough but I wouldn’t say it’s spectacular, and the less said about 2002’s The Gift Of Christmas the better. I’m really looking forward to Electric Café, though.

8. Yeah I totally haven’t! I need to get into their back catalogue. Thanks for letting me know!

londonrain likes this.
  9. First review:

Source: https://crypticrock.com/en-vogue-electric-cafe-album-review/

londonrain likes this.

10. How have I never seen or heard of this before???

Venoose likes this.
  11. OK, so I literally couldn't wait until midnight tonight and gave into temptation and downloaded the album...

Having just finished listening to it, all I can say is WOW... EV really brought their A-Game with this one! Such an improvement over Soul Flower - where did the big production budget suddenly come from?

On first listen, Blue Skies, Reach 4 Me, and Life are screaming out to be singles. I definitely hope we get at least one more single and video from this era.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Have A Seat and I'm Good before, and couldn't see how they would fit an album that supposedly had electro/funk influences, but actually they flow very well following Love The Way and Oceans Deep. So Serious is another highlight and closes out the album perfectly.

Deja Vu is definitely the weak link in an otherwise excellent album - I'll probably just delete that one and forget it ever existed.

The album overall is definitely their most uptempo since Funky Divas, and the harmonies throughout are gorgeous as well - the vocals here are so much stronger than they were on Soul Flower.

It's too early to say if I prefer this album to either Funky Divas or Masterpiece Theatre, but it's certainly up there with their best.

I can't wait to hear some of the new songs being performed live on Saturday! [​IMG]

WhereIsTheFeeling and londonrain like this.
  12. Loving this new album. To be fair it’s been overshadowed by my absolute life favourite releasing......but great at last to have their new album. So far 2018 has been amazing for new music from 90s girls.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    iMacourey likes this.
  13. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

The title track is an unexpected banger. Very unlike what I was expecting from En Vogue and yet somehow one of the best songs on the album!

WhereIsTheFeeling and iMacourey like this.
  14. Who would have thought that in 2018 we would have a return to form from both En Vogue and Toni Braxton.

15. WHAT

AN

ALBUM

WhereIsTheFeeling and londonrain like this.
  16. Love the Way...

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  17. I forgot this was even out?!

18. Oceans Deep and Take a Seat (sans Snoop version) are fantastic!

londonrain likes this.
  19. It just came out today..

londonrain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.