En Vogue | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

En Vogue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by BachelorNo2, Nov 23, 2007.

1. That's what I meant, I didn't see it on iTunes or Spotify.

2. So Serious is extremely massive for me. A clear 11 among some very other solid 10's on the album.

Venoose and londonrain like this.
  3. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

My favourites so far are Love The Way and Electric Café.

Has anyone heard the Target bonus track they’re referring to here?

Sprockrooster likes this.
  4. Electric Cafe is also an instant fave. Another big ones for me are Blue Skies and Ocean's Deep. But I can definitely see some growers on there too.

No idea about that TargetBonus (hoping MediaMarkt has the same one as that sometimes happens)

londonrain likes this.
  5. There was some confusion about that, but the track has been uploaded to YouTube now:

Just got back from their show in Manchester and OMG they were amazing!

6. I've been listening to this loads over the last couple of days. "Electric Cafe" is a really STRONG album. It's growing on me with every listen.

I like that the album album takes you on a sonic journey - and it somehow moulds together really well - from R&B, to dance and then soul. "Rocket", "Reach 4 Me" (hopefully single 2), "Electric Cafe", "Blue Skies", "Life", "Love The Way", "Oceans Deep" & "I'm Good" are my highlights!

Excited to see them for the third time on Tuesday - they seem to come here every year now and I'm definitely not complaining about that.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    londonrain and iMacourey like this.
  7. Talent always wins.

8. I wish that was always the case, but sadly it seems this new En Vogue album is going to flop hard. :-(

I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll at least have a decent debut position.

9. I’m just glad it’s a good album with decent production and songs. I expect the gap between their last album and this killed any commercial momentum plus of course the revolving door members resulting in a very messy split. I do like the trio with Rhona though. And they sound great. Equally had Maxine and Dawn continued as a duo or a new group as planned I’d support them too as each of the original members brought something special to the mix.

10. First few songs I wasn't feeling it but then after every song seemed to get better and better.

11. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

All the singles have been growers for me so far. I didn't like any of them at first and now I like all of them (particularly Rocket). That definitely prepared me for this album, which has clicked with me a lot faster because I wasn't expecting it to sound like Masterpiece Theatre or EV3.

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  12. How would everyone rank their albums?

This is my ranking for the time being:

1. Masterpiece Theatre
    2. Funky Divas
    3. Electric Cafe
    4. EV3
    5. Born To Sing
    6. Soul Flower
    --------------------
    7. The Gift Of Christmas

Very close between #3 and #4 for me. Right now my excitement for a new En Vogue album puts Electric Cafe ahead, but I suspect on some days I'll prefer EV3 if I want something more laid-back.

13. Oceans Deep, Blue Skies, are my favorites so far

Sprockrooster and Venoose like this.
  14. Opening with Blue Skies doesn't really work for me. I find it a big of a slog to get through and think it would have worked better placed later on in the record.

Opening the album from Deja Vu onwards would be much better or even moving I'm Good up to track 01 would be an amazing opening.

15. Moderators should this not be in the main thread now rather than comeback since the album has materialised?

londonrain likes this.
  16. My track by track review of Electric Cafe:

Any feedback welcome x

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    davearama likes this.

17. Not loading

18. Oh whoops, I got a bit ahead of myself there. Hopefully it'll be up soon!

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  19. 1. EV3
    2. Masterpiece Theatre
    3. Funky Divas
    4. Electric Café
    5. Born to Sing
    6. Soul Flower
    7. The Gift of Christmas

I love that Dawn still features on EV3. She sings a verse on the Whatever remixes on the single too!

Pop Life likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.