En Vogue

They better not play Rhona. I hated how they dumped her for the last reunion with Dawn and then they recorded new music with Dawn, she left as usual and they went back to Rhona and had to start over with music. Rhona has two albums with the group and a Christmas movie. She's been loyal to them too long to be dumped for a reunion your. I hope Cindy and Terry aren't stupid enough to not include her. Plus she's an incredibly strong member.

Okay nah I'm not with this. Why even post this? I highly doubt many people tweeted Dawn about Rhona. I feel she was probably insecure bc she's never worked with Rhona, which is her choice since *she* always left.

Both posts and Maxine's sound like they *want* Rhona to leave which I don't like. As I said, she's a long term member. Imagine if Sugababes 3.0 told Heidi or Amelle they had to go so they could bring back Mutya or Siobhan. It doesn't work like that.

Last edited:

londonrain

Staff member
Wait, did Dawn record vocals for their current album or are we referring to the first album without her back in the 90s?
Dawn hasn’t recorded vocals for an En Vogue album since EV3, when she left during the recording sessions and they kept some of her vocals. Neither Dawn nor Maxine has recorded an album with Rhona.

Rhona was on the group’s two most recent albums: Soul Flower (2004) and Electric Café (2018).

When they reunited for the 20th anniversary the original four recorded some songs. There is a four track EP on Apple Music.

Just a warning, but these songs are horrific in case y'all decide to listen to all four lol.

Last edited:
Stop what? Did she do something again?

She’s mad that people are saying they want all five girls to do something together. She wants to celebrate the reunion of EV4 as if Rhona wasn’t on stage with them.

I wonder how Rhona feels. She graciously left for the reunion last time and came back after Dawn imploded again. This is her first time actually working with Dawn and for her to act like this probably isn’t the best first impression lol.

They better not play Rhona. I hated how they dumped her for the last reunion with Dawn and then they recorded new music with Dawn, she left as usual and they went back to Rhona and had to start over with music. Rhona has two albums with the group and a Christmas movie. She's been loyal to them too long to be dumped for a reunion your. I hope Cindy and Terry aren't stupid enough to not include her. Plus she's an incredibly strong member.

Okay nah I'm not with this. Why even post this? I highly doubt many people tweeted Dawn about Rhona. I feel she was probably insecure bc she's never worked with Rhona, which is her choice since *she* always left.

Both posts and Maxine's sound like they *want* Rhona to leave which I don't like. As I said, she's a long term member. Imagine if Sugababes 3.0 told Heidi or Amelle they had to go so they could bring back Mutya or Siobhan. It doesn't work like that.

Rhona is not a proper member to them. Dawn and Maxine have both been very protective of En Vogue (despite Dawn leaving) and that means no new member is gonna have stake in the name for them. Considering the messy situations Dawn and Maxine put the brand through, they have no business doing that to Rhona.

Also, anyone notice how Rhona’s outfit is less flashy than the original four and what’s up with Cindy’s posture in the photo of all 5?

Also, a lot of us would’ve been fine if Amelle got ousted for Mutya’s return in 2009.

jeez Dawn is a nightmare. I've seen them a couple of time with Rhona and she has been great. I actually wouldn't go on principal if they ousted her for a tour with Dawn and Maxine. They're using her to keep the brand warm and then sweeping in to cash in.

Go home Dawn you've had enough babes...

And once again it all goes tits up for this talented bunch of ladies. Its 2019 and all about empowering others..... maybe Dawn missed the memo. Sad but I think this may be over before it started.
Can we please stop with the posts acting as though things fell through. It’s very hard to tell with Dawn, so until they make a public announcement either way, quit with the it went “tits up” stuff. I keep thinking something new happened when it hasn’t. It’s confusing.

jeez Dawn is a nightmare. I've seen them a couple of time with Rhona and she has been great. I actually wouldn't go on principal if they ousted her for a tour with Dawn and Maxine. They're using her to keep the brand warm and then sweeping in to cash in.

Go home Dawn you've had enough babes...
Unfortunately to the US general public, Dawn IS En Vogue. They want her. She’s always been a really big deal with the fans who were there since the beginning.

I am a Rhona stan (I bought the Rhona album back then and loved it!) and an underdog stan and very into treating people fair but let's face it a proper, bog comeback tour needs to be the original four. Rhona can open and be a part of it somehow but the GP needs to see four people on the promo and not sure an original member will give their place to Rhona.

Have it be En Vogue & Rhona in smaller letters?

An original tour tour could do big venues all over America and Europe and all the big festivals. A trio version is doing... what they're doing already.

I doubt the original group would get much of a bigger reaction than the current lineup. Hell, they’re on Chance the Rapper’s new singer, make regular tv appearances, tour non stop and released an album last year. Now I do think it would give them a boost to bring back Dawn and Maxine, but not a big enough boost to deal with drama if there is any. Remember they got back with Dawn twice and couldn’t get an album done either time. She did this same mess on R&B Divas and with Lucy Pearl too.

SIS!

You're a current line up stan and that's fine but you can't see the big picture because of that. An originals tour would be an event.

I don't even care or want new music. I just want to experience those classics live with all four legends.

Dawn is my favorite member out of all five!!! And it’s fitting u posted the Lies video, my favorite single of their with Maxine’s best part! All I’m saying is that the original four have reunited twice and it didn’t amount to anything more than what the current lineup has.

My personal preference is to see all five, but I’ll see the four if I have to. I just don’t like leaving Rhona out knowing how Dawn always leaves.