En Vogue | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

En Vogue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by BachelorNo2, Nov 23, 2007.

1. I saw all four together when they played in London a few years back. They were amazing.

Doubt that will happen again so really glad I went when I did.

It does really annoy me when bands won't just put their differences to one side for the fans. It's a job. You don't have to like each other just be professional get on with it, get paid, go home. Most importantly give the people who made you successful in the first place what they want to see and send them off with a smile on their faces.

In 2017 it's 40 years since Tbe Supremes split up. Ever year I pray that Mary will make those calls (And I don't even care is Diana is involved or not).

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  2. It usually has to go:

-Promoter sees En Vogue all four tour profitable
    -Calls all four
    -All four say yes
    -Tour happens

Holly Something and Venoose like this.
  3. I think #3 is the sticking point.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    Holly Something likes this.
  4. POPGASM likes this.
  5. It gives me Pointer Sisters circa '73. Which is obviously a good thing.

Musiquelover64 likes this.
  6. That is a great comparison I do see that now that you've said that all I need is 4th member and it'll be complete for me even though they've been a trio for a long time now En Vogue is always better as four (the Original Four to be exact but I digress)

I'm loving the throwback sound of the new single they always sounded best when their harmonies are in the forefront

7. Excuse my ignorance but… those new pictures…. I don't recognise any of them. Are any original members? I think the one on the far left is original and maybe the one in the middle has had too much work done for me to recognise her?

8. Its the half of the originals Terry (left), Cindy (middle and she hasn't had no.work done that I know of its just that good melanin :-P) and Rhona (on the right she's been a member since about 2004 was originally on Mickey mouse Club in the early 90's and had a role on the Jamie Foxx.show in the late 90's)

9. They should deffo be a quartet.

Should get Amel Larrieux, Cherokee, Adina Howard, Chante Moore, Michel'le, Blu Cantrell, Sunshine Anderson, Chante Savage, Truth Hurts, Jaguar Wright, Tweet or some such fearsome old Skool diva to join.

Island and Musiquelover64 like this.
  10. Do any of the compilation albums include the single versions, folks?

11. Brilliant!

Musiquelover64 likes this.
  12. Its about time all their videos were released in HQ quality, Lies is a underrated jam

13. I went to see En Vogue last night at KOKO for the second time as a three piece. They're currently on a European tour. They also played the IndigO2 last year and got a 5* review in The Guardian - that was a great show.

It was Cindy, Terry and Rhona again and they were really amazing! Looks like this line-up is going to stick. They have a new album, "Electric Cafe" out in August and they have signed to eOne Music (one of the biggest indies in America).

The crowd were on great form (I think it was pretty much sold out) and the girls were truly awesome - their vocals are incredible. As much as I love the original line up (I wish I lived in London when they played in 2010), I love Rhona in this group! I think the setlist was this.

Musiquelover64 and Venoose like this.
  14. Thought about going to this but was lucky enough to see EV1 back in the day so seemed a bit pointless.

Glad the show was great.

15. Too Gone Too Long is one of my favourite jams.

16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It's great. Slightly tainted by Diane Warren doing a Ryan Tedder giving Whitney pretty much the same song.

17. I Learned from the Best?

18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah, mainly the verses are close to identical in bits.

19. I agree. I love both tracks.

londonrain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.