Enya - General Discussion | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Enya - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by sadexo, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Oh my lord that cover is a hot-ass mess. Scream at it using Cher's Living Proof font too

2. It's basically just an Enya spotify xmas playlist... so I'm not counting this as an official release.
    Some die hard fans are losing it on her social media saying she sold out to Xmas, Ha!

Kyle., If You Go and Eric Generic like this.
  3. All she needs to do now is that Orinocco Flow/Remember You're A Womble seasonal mash-up.

4. If only bloody Wizzard hadn't got there first.....

I would however be here for an Orinoco Flow/Mike Oldfields In Dulce Jubilo mash-up.

Eric Generic and Sprockrooster like this.
  5. Queen Enya just prior to going into orbit with Orinoco Flow from an Irish TV show from 1988. There is steel under her skin, I am sure of it! You can feel the ambition off her.

6. all the music videos are being remastered to 4k, and she is releasing some vinyl only edit of some of her singles for the first time digitally. Maybe we'll get a remastered boxset of her albums soon? Here's Anywhere Is in 4k, released TODAY

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    pmas, Andy French, Humanracin and 4 others like this.
  7. I bet she puts all the B-sides onto remastered deluxes just *after* I try and track them all down.

Lupita and Humanracin like this.
  8. Nice to see they still remember Anywhere Is exists. A Song! A Video! I'm hopeful for some kind of Q4 release. I'd love a new album but seeing how things are being released it might be a remastered collection? The first four remastered albums are available on digital platforms so it's strange that they still haven't released some physicals outside of Japan (see Kate Bush) because I assume a good chunk of her listeners would buy them.

This is what we got so far this year:

Updated videos in 4k:
    The Celts
    Caribbean Blue
    Anywhere Is
    Only Time​

New videos:
    Orinoco Flow (Live on Top of The Pops '88)​

Rare versions of previously released songs:
    Orinoco Flow (7’’ single Edit)
    Caribbean Blue (7’’ single Edit)
    Potrait (Original 1987 short version - Remastered)​

Previously unseen pictures from:
    Paint The Sky With Stars (from the Only If... video set) x1
    A Day Without Rain x2​

Terrible digital compilations:
    Christmas Secrets

9. The original self isolation queen. A glass of dry white wine in silence in her castle.

She seems the most honest she’s ever been in that early interview. She’s such an enigma.

Crisp X, Bleu Noir, Burzum and 2 others like this.
  10. I LOVE that interview! ‘It’s Enya not Anya’ (you can tell he is stretching her royal patience, she’s thinking ‘you imbecile, my horses and carriage are waiting outside, I have no time for this shit’)

She reminds me of the Queen in Suzanne Vega’s ‘The Queen and the Soldier’ i.e. in the end she kills him!

Crisp X, Lupita, Ray and 2 others like this.
  11. Ray

Ray

'I have still the urge to go back on the stage'
    Well, you're doing really well resisting your urges, Queen!

It's amazing how she looks the same now as she did back then, except, obviously, older. Young Suzanne Vega looks very different from 2019 Suzanne Vega, style-wise. Enya just turned from a young bright-eyed woman into an older bright-eyed woman. She could wear the same earrings today. I wonder how she got on this bar stool with a twenty-meter gown?

Bleu Noir, Eric Generic and Lupita like this.
  12. Latest releases:

So basically now all the lead singles of the first five albums are now in 4k! Hopefully they'll clean up the other videos too. On My Way Home, Only If and Wild Child deserve to be watched it HQ too.

Updated videos in 4k:
    The Celts
    Orinoco Flow
    Caribbean Blue
    Anywhere Is
    Only Time​

New videos:
    Orinoco Flow (Live on Top of The Pops '88)​

Rare versions of previously released songs:
    Orinoco Flow (7’’ single Edit)
    Caribbean Blue (7’’ single Edit)
    Portrait (Original 1987 short version - Remastered)
    On My Way Home (7’’ single Edit, which is actually the video version)​

Previously unseen pictures from:
    Paint The Sky With Stars (from the Only If... video set) x1
    A Day Without Rain x2​

Terrible digital compilations:
    Christmas Secrets

ALSO, we reached the Top 5 of the discography rate!

13. In very recent news (aka yesterday) there's a new book about Enya being released. It's not an official biography but it sounds like various musings by *checks notes* Chilly Gonzales. I admit the concept is not very clear but the tagline is "Does music have to be smart or does it just have to go to the heart?" which... mh. We'll see.

[​IMG]

Crisp X, Bleu Noir and Andy French like this.
  14. Chilly Gonzales of Feist collaboration fame writing a book on Enya was not on my 2020 bingo card, but unlike most things that have happened this year it’s at least a nice surprise.

The cover giving me some lowkey vintage Dungeons & Dragons teas is also perfect.

Lupita, Crisp X, Bleu Noir and 3 others like this.
  15. I'm not familiar with Mr. Gonzales' reputation, what can we expect from this book: @Verandi's great rate has me perked for more insight into the creative process of the albums.

Crisp X, Bleu Noir and Verandi like this.
  16. At least from a musician-on-musician analysis standpoint I think it’ll be very interesting. He’s a classically trained pianist and legitimate pop academic.

Plus, he worked with Feist on basically all of her albums. Talent! Pedigree!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Bleu Noir, Verandi and DoggySwami like this.
  17. First tweet since July 10, and it's... a throwback Thursday

On one hand it's great her social media has some activity, on the other, I'm afraid the next step might be coming out as an anti-vaxxer like any other celebrity nowadays.

18. Revisiting A Day Without Rain for the first time in a long time and 'One By One' remains THE lost single of her '00s albums for me. I'd love for it to have got a video. Tomorrow..... Amarantine!

19. Big news! Warner is releasing Oceans, Clouds, and Stars digitally. Oceans is out now. I certainly find this a more interesting release than a brand new GH.

Lupita, Verandi and BodyElectric like this.

20. It's THE lost single of her whole career teebs. The label giving up on singles as soon as Only Time smashed was not the tea.

Oceans is a slapper. Slapping is her field. I wonder if they made it from the original CD or of they grouped the remastered tracks.

Lupita and DoggySwami like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.