Ethel Cain - Preacher's Daughter

I hope I can muster up the emotional strength to listen soon, because the instrumental alone was so powerful I had to pause it like 15 seconds in.

he/him
I don't say this to take anything away from the gravity and seriousness of the song, but "From The River" really reminds me of Diamanda Galas by way of Paula Cole's most somber moments; the chord progression alone is devastating, to say nothing of the lyrics.

I'm continually in awe of her and her artistry.

he/him
On a YouTube live last night she confirmed once again that Waco, Texas is still definitely coming out - other than that, apparently there wasn't any other discussion of new music because she changes her mind constantly and doesn't want to get dragged for things that don't happen ff

I hate that stans found her and chased her off Twitter and Tumblr (and eventually off YouTube, I'm sure)
I would hate that, because I genuinely enjoy the way YouTube allows her to share her intellectuality. Ethel talking about the anticapitalist reading of the walled city of Kowloon and the inherent eroticism of brutalist architecture for 90 minutes? That one video about her 'Ring' philosophy? A dream. I want her to talk about even more stuff, especially if new music is going to take some time.

he/him/basic cishomo

Also, she posted a couple of studio photos with Matt Tomasi a few days ago on her story that seemed to suggest they were wrapping up recording a project...I'm ready

Yasssss!! Can't believe it's been almost 2 years since Preacher's Daughter, which is still a fucking rush to listen to every time. She's just so... good, at this. She's got this uncanny ability to make songs captivating and I love her so much. She must be protected.