Euphoria (HBO) | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Euphoria (HBO)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by ThatMusicLover, May 16, 2019.

1. It pains me to see that there isn’t more love for the iconic Barbie Ferreira. She’s my QUEEN.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  2. shes a true queen. overall the cast is outstanding

also it was almost uncanny how similar the child-version of cassie looked

3. Kat and Ethan were absolutely brilliant characters. I hope Ethan gets a flashback next season (but hopefully stays likeable).

I cannot believe I binged this in a day. I'm floored by it though. I can't think of another show that introduces itself and its world so rapidly, literally changes the game every episode, and has very complex and interesting characters that are realistically written - for the most part.

I just said this to my friend. Absolutely crazy.

Mr. Humes and lushLuck like this.
  4. I found this show really engrossing and Jules' character deeply resonated with me as it's probably the most I've identified with a trans character onscreen. I was a little troubled by the implication that Nate and his dad's attraction to her was produced by repressed homosexuality, though I'm sure it's understood to be more nuanced than that. It's a dynamic I'm all too familiar with so to see it teased out on screen was deeply intriguing.

The finale was really quite a disappointing mess though.

Meathook likes this.
  5. One of the most beautiful shots on the show was when Jules was on her bike on the way to meet Nate for the first time.

I WAS FLOORED.

lushLuck likes this.

6. This scene was so brilliant sjjrekjrje

“Hey mom! I’m a fucking genius!”

7. The acting, the writing, the directing, the cinematography, the editing, the wardrobe! Give them all an Emmy!

8. Just finished this. It’s definitely a flawed show but the highlights are so, so strong that I’m willing to overlook the lows. That being said, I’m equal parts perched and terrified at the thought of a second season.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. Can we change the thread title? The "official trailer" bit feels unnecessary

OlliMaus, slaybellz and Meathook like this.
  10. It should be titled Euphoria (the messy but beautifully shot and amazingly soundtracked show).

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 10:07 AM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.