EURGH! I am Sally Webster :( | The Popjustice Forum

EURGH! I am Sally Webster :(

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by potatosalad, Mar 1, 2009.

1. potatosalad

potatosalad Guest

I fucking hate coldsores. One the size of fucking Australia appeared above my lip today overnight!

If one more person tells me it's anything to do with genital herpes I will scream.

How do you cope with coldsores?

2. Thank god I haven't had one in ages cos I hate them but they are the same thing i.e. herpes. Get some Zovirax and ride it out.

3. Compeed patches are better than zovirax. TRUST.

4. potatosalad

potatosalad Guest

Shame it's Sunday and I can't even buy anything to make it go away quicker because the stupid damn shops are closed now.

5. I was told (and I'm not sure whether it's true or not) that something like 90% of the UK population have a form of herpes, but that only a minority have any visible symptoms.

But I've never had a coldsore.

6. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Me neither.

But here's a picture to make you feel better:

[​IMG]

7. I've met Sally Webster..

8. I must admit, i've never had any coldsores either. I think i get them confused with ulcers, sometimes.

9. I have no idea how the thread title relates to the subject... ?

10. potatosalad

potatosalad Guest

I don't watch Coronation Street but when I was younger I used to catch about 5 minutes of it when my mum and dad had it on. Sally Webster always seemed to have a coldsore from what I can remember!

11. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

They're a right bitch to get out of the packet, though, they usually end up on my chin.

12. Mwahaha, Alexa Chung is being ravaged by one at the moment. They clearly can't hide it with make-up as she keeps being pictured with her hair over it. She's blaming it on 'special toothpaste' (there's a euphemism if ever I heard one) apparently.

I don't get these, but as a pharmacy assistant I'd suggest compeed patch (stop you picking) or Fenistil cream (behind the counter at Boots). Unlike Zovirax, it contains an anti-biotic.

13. Most people are infected with herpes simplex virus, but it hides in a latent form in your nerves. When triggered it re-emerges and causes an outbreak of blisters.

There are two forms of the virus:

HSV-1 - oral herpes that usually causes cold sores

HSV-2 - usually causes genital herpes

14. Thank God there's a doctor in the house! Even if he is a doctor of Britology.

15. and a doctor of molecular microbiology i'll have you know! haha

16. Tis a triviality when compared to in-depth studies into the working of the Britmeister!

17. She ALWAYS has really dry lips. I imagine kissing her is like kissing a piece of sandpaper. I've no idea how she's managed to have so many affairs over the years.

18. The trick is to put perfume on it when you first feel it tingling, that kills it off. I guess it's too late for that though.

I remember picking me one once and made it injected, it spread across my face. Bad times.

19. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Best thread title ever.

20. Maybe Kevin's moustache is a secret garden of herpes.

(I haven't seen Coronation Street for a long time, and am pretty sure he doesn't have a moustache now, but that would render my joke redundant).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.