Eurovision 2011 Finalists Rate (THE RESULTS)

he/him
EUROVISION_2011_HEART_AND_EURO_MARQUE_CMYK_DARK_A4.jpg

Welcome to the first in a hopefully long line of Popjustice Eurovision rates! I'm sure most of you have already participated in a rate in some form but this one is different so I'll explain things anyway! Below is a list of all the finalists of Eurovision 2011. You have to vote in the Eurovision system, ranking your favourites and using the 12 point system. I trust you will all understand! I have put in links to both the studio versions and the performance in the final so you can choose which to rate the songs on yourselves although I would just pick whichever I prefer. So here is the list of countries:

Azerbaijan (Studio / Performance)
Italy (Studio / Performance)
Sweden (Studio / Performance)
Ukraine (Studio / Performance)
Denmark (Studio / Performance)
Bosnia & Herzegovina (Studio / Performance)
Greece (Studio / Performance)
Ireland (Studio / Performance)
Georgia (Studio / Performance)
Germany (Studio / Performance)
United Kingdom (Studio / Performance)
Moldova (Studio / Performance)
Slovenia (Studio / Performance)
Serbia (Studio / Performance)
France (Studio / Performance)
Russia (Studio / Performance)
Romania (Studio / Performance)
Austria (Studio / Performance)
Lithuania (Studio / Performance)
Iceland (Studio / Performance)
Finland (Studio / Performance)
Hungary (Studio / Performance)
Spain (Studio / Performance)
Estonia (Studio / Performance)
Switzerland (Studio / Performance)

Send your scores to me via PM. Voting will officially close at midnight GMT on Sunday the 1st of April but really if you get your votes in before say 6pm the next day I'll include you! Some other random crap:

- You CAN vote for your own country

- The performance of Sweden's song had mike issues and the video isn't great quality so it might be best to judge that on the studio version (but it's your choice).

- Anyone who gives Germany no points will have their votes immediatly disqualified

- If any of the links are broken or whatever then please tell me!

Happy voting!

Re: Eurovision 2011 Top 15 Rate

So... 1 AMAZING song and I guess... 3 decent ones? What a dire year it was. Estonia finished second to last for God's sake! Lena for the win please.

MollieSwift21

Staff member

0 for Germany...

I like the winning song and Eric Saade performance for his song. Almost every song on his album is better though. Also don't let Fire vote in this we don't need Ireland doing well!

MollieSwift21 said:
Also don't let Fire vote in this we don't need Ireland doing well!

Excuse me but it's clearly better than every other song in the rate. Plus I'm on your side with Germany.

I've just sent my votes. Only two countries (none of which is my home country Bosnia) got more than 5 from me. But Eurovision 2011 was really cringey in terms of music.

poshlopez said:
I've just sent my votes. Only two countries (none of which is my home country Bosnia) got more than 5 from me. But Eurovision 2011 was really cringey in terms of music.

Shame Austria and Estonia didn't get top 15. I loved both of their entries!

Oh but this misses out some of the best! Romania, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Iceland... WE WILL NOT FORGET. Switzerland's last place was totally undeserved, and for all the hate it got Iceland's entry was amazing as much as a second-rate Take That song can be.

he/him

I know duffy! But people didn't want them to be too long if there's going to be a rate for each year. Apols. I trust you will make the right decision with Germany!

I forgot just how weird the results for last year actually were. There's some properly dire stuff in there, and some much better stuff that didn't make the cut.

D_ni said:
Estonia finished second to last for God's sake!

I'd forgotten this absolute injustice, to be honest. I really though it could/should win!

he/him

I blame her vocal. It's still a great song but she annoyed me. If Kerli sang it it would have been far better! I wish she'd go for Eurovision again.

I'm not even sure it was entirely her vocals that were the problem. Like yeah, she was pretty shaky in parts, but I think the thing that really made it sound bad was how her vocals and the backing vocals really clashed. Awful mistake.

I just sent in my votes, and I'm not sure if I just blocked out the memories or something, but I don't remember Bosnia's entry at all? God, that was a rude awakening.

G

graffiti my soul

We all know that I Love Belarus isn't included here because it was the undeniable winner.

I've decided I'm going to vote based on how well I think each song captures what Eurovision is all about. Basically the camper/cheesier the song the higher its marks will be.

he/him

BUMP because this isn't going on too much longer and there's a couple people who I'm still waiting on for votes!

I feel for this rate to be valid only people from countries that can vote in Eurovision should be able to vote.