Eurovision 2012 Finalists Rate

he/him
0.jpg

Welcome to the 2012 Eurovision rate, only 6 days late, which means that all the hype has died down! Don't worry, I know I'm an amazing rate host. Anyway, it's a possibility a lot of you didn't participate in the 2011 rate which happened a couple of months ago (and crowned Lena as the victor - and I didn't even have to fix it!). This rate was very different to normal ones and instead of the standard 1-10 rating system, had the Eurovision 12 points system which I imagine you are all familiar with. Vote your top 10 songs with the votes going as follows:

Now, some of you might think that this rate is a bit redudant seeing as Popjustice 12 Points happened very recently but I think the rather massive difference in the reveal and the fact that the final might have changed a lot of opinions makes this a fairly worthwhile exercise! Anyway, below is a list of all the countries that made the final this year. I've attached links to their performances if any of you need to refresh your memory! Here they are:

Sweden
Russia
Serbia
Azerbaijan
Albania
Estonia
Turkey
Germany
Italy
Spain
Moldova
Romania
Macedonia
Lithuania
Ukraine
Cyprus
Greece
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Ireland
Iceland
Malta
France
Denmark
Hungary
UK
Norway

No studio versions this time as I figure nobody listened to them last time anyway. Last time round I accidentally used Lena's 'Taken By A Stranger' performance for Blue's studio version and only one person noticed! If there are any problems with the links then tell me of course. Send your votes via PM to me! I will accept votes until the end of Sunday the 10th of June! I can't think of much that needs to be said, just try not to be too harsh on Rona Nishliu! It's a beautiful performance, really. Let's see if our winner (I WONDER WHO COULD IT BE?!!?!?!) can surpass Lena's 97 points from last time round and let's see if we have any nul pointer! Happy voting, and while you're voting, spare a thought for poor Valentina Monetta, so cruelly cut down in the semi final!

valentinamonetta_2012.jpg

How she didn't get through on LOOKS ALONE is beyond me! 'The Social Network Song' for 2012's 'Haba Haba'? I think so!

Have just voted. I'm glad it's being done after the contest as some of my faves have changed after seeing their live performances.
For example France and Ukraine were among my top 10 before, but are now not. Whereas Spain and Serbia (who I wouldn't have included) are now in my top 10.

Such a shame Slovenia didn't qualify. It's one of my faves this year!

he/him
Last day errbody. Results tomorrow at like 8pm at the earliest probably so as long as you get your votes in before then I'll count them!

he/him
Welcome to the first results of the Popjustice Eurovision Rate 2012! I had a crisis several minutes ago but everything is now FINE and unless I've got something majorly wrong, I can now start the reveal! I will reveal two results per day until we reach the top 10, at which point it will be one per day. The first song for the Popjustice public to eliminate IS:

26.UK:

engelbert-630-jpg_112309.jpg

Voters: 0
Highest: 0

To follow on from the minor success of Blue in 2011, the UK decided the best way to succeed in 2012 was to send a creepy old man. They then chose Engelbert Humperdinck, the perfect man for the job. Engelbert sang not-entirely-awful-but-dreadfully-dull ballad 'Love Will Set You Free'. The song had a classy performance to be fair and beat out stiff competition such as Norway, to finish in second last. But it wasn't all bad for The Hump, himself and the Azerbaijan entrant Sabina Babayeva are said to have "exchanged CDs" backstage.

25.Bosnia & Herzegovina:

TH_2_29.jpg

Voters: 1 (c.x)
Highest: 3 (c.x)

Bosnia & Herzegovina came 11th in the last rate with 'Love In Rewind' but take a large fall from grace this time round! This is probably not surprising, as with the wealth of ballads Eurovision had this time, they understandably got lost in the shuffle, despite being one of the few (only?) countries to feature a real piano (how authentic!) on stage! Pleasant song, nothing special though.

The loss of the UK is a big deal simply because it's the UK but really we lost nothing major here! Both of these songs flopped in the final so it's a rather BLAH elimination. But then again that is expected! There was no 'Watch My Dance' in the final this time round and therefore nothing to take our wrath out on. Just one song that nobody cared about.

Entries We Have Loved & Lost:
26.UK: 0
25.Bosnia & Herzegovina: 3

Yes! Popjustice for the UK's floppage this time round. Although Engelbert's song was better than Blue's.