Eurovision 2012 Finalists Rate

I really thought they deserved to be at least in the top 10. Waterline is a good song and they gave a good performance on the night. Evidently the juries were their downfall - I really don't understand how the juries thought they deserved to come last.

At least, they seem to have picked up a few fans around Europe.

he/him
Sorry I'm late! I got distracted by several PJ members! Holla @ me citoig and miklc.

6.Iceland:

2012-05-22T192510Z_01_BAK04_RTRIDSP_3_AZERBAIJAN-EUROVISION.jpg

Voters: 10 (rashidhk81, ops, hudweiser, graffiti my soul, D_ni, Lost In Japan., c.x, MollieSwift21, citoig, duffy)
Highest: 12 (rashidhk81)

Iceland's intense emo-ballad thing 'Never Forget' represented the country in 2012! The song was much hyped on the interwebz prior to the contest with some people even going as far to suggest that it would win its semi despite going on first. (Un)fortunately they were incorrect and the song did not pick up anywhere near as much steam as predicted, finishing in a disappointing 20th! It's quite a good song and I think the performance stood out, I was definitely surprised when it bombed! That said it wasn't quite good enough to deserve points for me and I do believe it was sandwiched between the Russian grannies and Ivi Adamou which probably killed it. Surprised it did so well here though!

Our top 5:

Cyprus
Greece
Spain
Sweden
Ukraine

Entries We Have Loved & Lost:
26.UK: 0
25.Bosnia & Herzegovina: 3
24.Hungary: 3
23.Macedonia: 4
22.Azerbaijan: 6
21.Germany: 8
20.Serbia: 10
19.Malta: 13
18.Lithuania: 18
17.Moldova: 19
16.Turkey: 22
15.Albania: 23
14.Estonia: 27
13.Italy: 29
12.France: 41
11.Denmark: 44
10.Russia: 45
09.Romania: 45
08.Norway: 53
07.Ireland: 58
06.Iceland

I'm very pleased with Ireland's ranking here actually! It did a lot better than I expected given that the general consensus of Waterline is that it isn't better than Lipstick. I'm no stan but as long as Jedward keep bringing amazingly catchy tunes I will support them.

he/him
And we enter the top 5!

5.Ukraine:

tumblr_m4rtieClFb1qhkdf5o10_1280.jpg

Voters: 11 (Fire, Bonkylicious, miklc, StratusJM, HeartSwells, hudweiser, graffiti my soul, D_ni, mystikal_love, MollieSwift21, citoig)
Highest: 12 (HeartSwells)

Ukraine's entry for 2012 was "one for da gayz" as transsexual suspect Gaitana sang what is probably the best gay anthem since... forever. 'Be My Guest' was the most overbearingly happy and drag queen-tastic song/performance of the year but it was just AMAZING wasn't it. Unfortunately for me it fell into the trap of not being quite as good live as it is in the studio but it was still rather good. The screens were great and I liked her dancers! It was considered a dark horse before the competition but things did not turn out that way at all. It came 15th, and only 20th on the televote! It gave Ukraine their worst result since 2005, when they hosted.

Our top 4 (!)

Cyprus
Greece
Spain
Sweden

06.Iceland: 62
05.Ukraine: 63

The final elimination may or may not be a top 3 depending on what you lot want. LET ME KNOW.

Surprised it got so far too be honest. Brilliant write-up Stratus!

Highlights were, of course, the ultra cheap dubstep part and the dancing man's penis (which make her hand movements equally amazing)

2yngm4x.png

he/him
#4 and it's the final result before tomorrow's final!

4.Spain:

Spain.jpg

Voters: 11 (miklc, invertedbutterfly, StratusJM, rashidhk81, HeartSwells, hudweiser, graffiti my soul, mystikal_love, Lost In Japan., c.x, duffy)
Highest: 12(miklc, invertedbutterfly)

After almost a decade of sending what can only be described as "atrocious novelty crap" to the contest, Spain decided that they wanted to do well for once and so sent their version of Leona Lewis' 'Run' in the form of Pastora Soler's 'Quedate Conmigo'. The song was another dark horse for the contest but mildly underperformed, finishing in 10th, giving Spain their best result since 2004, where they also finished 10th. A fun fact (for me at least) is that prior to the disastrous 2005-2011 run, Spain had been top 10 for four consecutive years. This song bowing out should hurt several posters but none more than miklc, who will likely jump off a bridge after reading this result. HE SHALL BE MISSED.

This is our final elimination before our super mega deluxe final tomorrow and as part of my preparation for the fabulous final reveal I'll ask you all to send PM comments to me about who you want to win and/or general commentary on the rate. Whatever you want to say really. Compliments to the host are RECOMMENDED but not manditory. The more comments the better so please make the effort! The lucky three countries to make our final are:

Cyprus
Greece
Sweden

06.Iceland: 62
05.Ukraine: 63
04.Spain: 73

Since voting, Pastora's is the Eurovision song I've played the most and I might have scored her more. How can you not sing along to the Quedaté Conmigo QUEDATÉ COOONNNMIIIGO parts of the song!

The best ballad from Eurovision in a looong time, she really belted it out of the park.

Glad to see it get so far, sad to see it beaten by both Greece and Cyprus, well done Spain, you've raised the bar for Eurovision ballads.