Eurovision 2024

He/him
Fuego was a NQ in the odds before the finals...

je7U80.gif
Really??? I don't recall even checking them at that time, but that seems completely unfathomable. That song is so instant.

But just because they agreed to change the lyrics, it doesn't mean it's gonna be accepted, right? I mean, I'm pretty sure EBU will find another subtle way of not letting them participate this year.

she/her
It's genuinely unconscionable that Israel is allowed participate this year (so far anyway). Eurovision could've maybe got away with it by saying the contest is apolitical...until they banned Russia and Belarus. That was the moment they decided Eurovision was political. (Also...the irony of their entry being Russian-Israeli)

Whatever about trying to find a roundabout way to disqualify them this year, they should never be allowed participate again. Israel have already killed 30,000 civilians in 5 months, have spoke about their war crimes and genocidal intent, and are now starving the population. Like....if this isn't a red line, what is?

I usually enjoy Eurovision, and even tried to get tickets last year (I still went to Liverpool for the weekend and had a great time). But I will not, and cannot, watch this year.

SockMonkey

Staff member
Yeah, more passion, more passion, more energy, more footwork. It’s giving “know I’m gonna lose this lipsync” energy.

Still needs to win.

It's genuinely unconscionable that Israel is allowed participate this year (so far anyway). Eurovision could've maybe got away with it by saying the contest is apolitical...until they banned Russia and Belarus. That was the moment they decided Eurovision was political. (Also...the irony of their entry being Russian-Israeli)

Whatever about trying to find a roundabout way to disqualify them this year, they should never be allowed participate again. Israel have already killed 30,000 civilians in 5 months, have spoke about their war crimes and genocidal intent, and are now starving the population. Like....if this isn't a red line, what is?

I usually enjoy Eurovision, and even tried to get tickets last year (I still went to Liverpool for the weekend and had a great time). But I will not, and cannot, watch this year.

Same, I cannot fathom watching Eurovision knowing Israel is in it. I will sit it out if they are allowed in

Also the EBU only banned Russia after the heads of delegation petitioned them to do so dd. They’re more concerned about viewing figures and money.

Unfortunately there isn’t the same pressure to boot Israel out beyond countries like Iceland and Ireland. I believe the Slovenian broadcaster has tried to raise the issue, too, to little effect.