Eurovision 2024

The EBU should be getting flack NOT any of these artists. The EBU are the ones who’ve failed in not making the right decisions but I suppose that’s another debate Sigh…

Not another debate - it is basically THE debate. Exactly - target the EBU. They've made a shitty decision (arguably the worst decision was excluding Russia because now that's set a precedent which hasn't been followed through with Israel).

Targeting individual entrants is vile and I'm just gonna say the venom wouldnt be so pointed if Olly wasn't queer.

Not another debate - it is basically THE debate. Exactly - target the EBU. They've made a shitty decision (arguably the worst decision was excluding Russia because now that's set a precedent which hasn't been followed through with Israel).

Targeting individual entrants is vile and I'm just gonna say the venom wouldnt be so pointed if Olly wasn't queer.

Yeah this is totally wrong. Target the BBC and EBU, not Olly directly. It's not fair and incredibly ignorant to his position in this.

QFP are right, his decision won't look good in the future, whatever about now.

I think this is a stretch. Most people don't even remember who took part in Eurovision the morning after the contest, let alone a year later.

The idea this has any impact long-term on Ollie or any other artist taking part is not really grounded in any form of reality. A miniscule subsection of the fandom and those associated with a couple of protest groups might boycott all his future endeavours but it's not going to make a difference to his career and nor should it.

Let's be honest, 99% of those who watch Eurovision are still going to tune into the contest (and no, the dozen or so PJers who will reply to this saying "well I won't", doesn't extrapolate, viewing figures across Europe will hold up fine) and most will tune in and not know anything about this lead-up controversy.

It's really not fair for Ollie or any artists to be made, or expected, to pay for the gross failings of the EBU in how they have handled this situation. Especially given the right decision is so obvious.

Don't vote for them, don't watch their performance, don't steam their song, let them flop and disappear in the semi (as happened last year) and embrace the madness and joy of the rest of the contest and support the acts have worked incredibly hard for this moment they deserve.

Last edited:
After seeing the performances from the Madrid pre party… Switzerland have the win on lock Nemo’s vocals wow they were insane and if they can nail the staging they’ve got that win coming!

Also Olly was brilliant vocal wise, I still think the UK will sneak a top ten juries will love Dizzy.

Friends who went yesterday to the Madrid PreParty said that the big surprise was Sarah Bonnici's "Loop" and that Kaleen was a bit of disappointment live...
Having watched them online I have to agree Sarah slayed those vocals last night and the choreo was pretty great, a vast improvement on the Mesc performance! Hope Malta can get past the semis as this is such a good bop.

I believe 'The Code' is not a catchy nor a good pop song - I don't know what's the fuss about. Perhaps it is time to get me to bed like grandma?
I felt the same when I first listened to it (and still do to an extent). But I think it is a great live experience with extraordinary vocals. Basically I am not interested in listening to it on Spotify but love watching it live (which I guess is what counts for Eurovision)

Last edited:
He/him
I have tried and tried and tried but I just do not like The Code. Melodically it just does not hit right with me. It certainly seems to be getting a lot of very positive reactions after the performances, so I accept I'm clearly not in the majority.